Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

spannclann

Old November 16th, 2020, 06:41 PM
I am looking to create Weapons that "Level Up" when the Characters do. What I am thinking is that I need eval scripts that check the Heroes level and adds something such as:

at level 5 adds a +1 to the weapon
at level 7 adds a +1 to strength in addition to the above
at level 10 adds a +1 to the weapon in addition to the above
at level 12 and on and on .........

Any suggestions welcome please. I would try it myself but I cant seem to find any list or examples of what I am trying to do.
spannclann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 17th, 2020, 05:49 AM
So, after digging in a bit, is there a way to do what I am wanting by bootstrapping the weapons and associating tags with it?
spannclann is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 17th, 2020, 06:17 AM
If you’re not adding any actual abilities, I wouldn’t bother with bootstrapping abilities. Just use eval scripts that look for the number of class tag counts on the hero. Basically doing “If hero.tagcount[Class.?] >= 5”, give it the bonus for being level 5 or higher.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 17th, 2020, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
If you’re not adding any actual abilities, I wouldn’t bother with bootstrapping abilities. Just use eval scripts that look for the number of class tag counts on the hero. Basically doing “If hero.tagcount[Class.?] >= 5”, give it the bonus for being level 5 or higher.
Some levels will add a bonus to the weapon
some levels will add a bonus to an ability score
some levels will add the use of a spell
some levels will add a bonus to AC
some levels will add a bonus to Saving throws
some levels will add an extra die of damage

Keep in mind these are spread out over several different weapons for various different classes.
spannclann is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 17th, 2020, 09:02 AM
Quote:
I used your “If hero.tagcount[Class.?] >= 5” eval script and I get an error saying Class is not defined. I changed Class to Fighter and got the same message that Fighter was not defined.

I changed Class to Classes and it works. I still need to know how to add AC bonus, Weapon bonus, etc. and all the other stuff above

Last edited by spannclann; November 17th, 2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: New Info
spannclann is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 17th, 2020, 09:12 AM
Sorry, it should be [Classes.?]

Basically everything you want it to do, with the exception of the spell, can be done by Eval Scripts. The spell would need to be bootstrapped.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 17th, 2020, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Sorry, it should be [Classes.?]

Basically everything you want it to do, with the exception of the spell, can be done by Eval Scripts. The spell would need to be bootstrapped.
Okay. I am going through various Magic items to check out their eval scripts right now. Any suggestions on what Magic Items I can check out to look at the bootstraps?
spannclann is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 18th, 2020, 06:59 AM
I am not sure what I am doing wrong with my eval script. I have it checking if it is equipped and for attunement. Then I go into my If statement to see if the character is 5th level or above. I save and Test, everything is running smooth. I go to a 12th level character, equip and attune but the weapon is not getting the +1 weapon bonus. Any thoughts?

doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
doneif (field[gIsAttuned].value = 0)

if (hero.tagcount[Classes.?] >= 5) then
hero.child[iRIPGSDB].field[Bonus].value += 1
endif
spannclann is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 18th, 2020, 07:16 AM
Eureka! This is what I needed to conditionally add a bonus to the weapon......

if (hero.tagcount[Classes.?] >= 5) then
hero.child[iRIPGSDB].field[BonEnhance].value += 1
endif

I am sure I can look at a Ring of Protection to see how to conditionally add AC and Save Bonuses and a Headband of Insite to add a bonus to an ability score.

What I really need is help with adding Extra Damage (i.e. at level 7 add 1d4 extra damage) be it bootstrap or eval script

AND

Can anyone help me with adding a spell to the weapon (i.e. at level 6 cast Web 1 time after each long rest) be it bootstrap or eval script

Last edited by spannclann; November 18th, 2020 at 07:27 AM.
spannclann is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 18th, 2020, 07:18 AM
I'm not sure why you're calling a child object in your script. If you're running scripts on the weapon itself shouldn't it be just

Code:
field[Bonus].value += 1
also, check the timing. The Defender sword that moves AC and magic bonus around does it's calculations at pre-levels 10000.
dungeonguru is offline   #10 Reply With Quote