Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GeekySpaz

Old January 17th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Is anyone else having problems launching version 6.1F?

I updated today and now I can't use the program. Every time I try to launch a game system I get the following error: (See attached image file HL6.1F-error1.jpg)

I click ok and then get: (See attached image file HL6.2F-error2.jpg)

I click ok again and it returns me to the home screen to select a game system. I've tried Shadowrun 5th ed and Pathfinder and get this error with both. I haven't tried any others yet.

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice with no improvement. I've browsed to the file that the error message references and nothing appears to be wrong with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HL6.1F-error1.jpg (67.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HL6.1F-error2.jpg (45.1 KB, 16 views)
GeekySpaz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
GeekySpaz

Old January 17th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Update:
Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition is working but Pathfinder, Shadowrun 5E, and Savage Worlds all get the same error.

Since it is Pathfinder I need at the moment this error is very problematic.
GeekySpaz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GeekySpaz

Old January 17th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Further update:
At this point I have it working so I'll explain what I did in case anyone else has this issue.

I had a saved copy of my hero lab folder with the update not applied (Due to a recent hard drive upgrade on my laptop). I copied the affected .bmp file from the old installation to the new one. I then ran the program as Administrator, and it worked. I tried it again without selecting administrator. I got an error on that .bmp file again but the game system loaded anyway. I've tried Shadowrun 5e and Pathfinder as administrator and both appear to work.

Off to build my new PC for the game I just joined. I don't understand what happened here, but if anyone else has this issue hopefully my troubleshooting will be helpful to you.
GeekySpaz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Killebrew

Old January 18th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the work around. I'm also getting a similar issue, though mine is at ...\hscroller_bottom_mask.bmp instead of the one you have in your attachment. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly.
Killebrew is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Can you report this to support@wolflair.com please?
Hollis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Killebrew

Old January 19th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I had already reported it before I'd even come on the forum yesterday. I was simply in need of quickly finding a work around, as I had a game and needed to be able to access my character sheet.
Killebrew is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
g2k12

Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:24 PM
I got something similar, but in my case my HL just doesnt find any updates, and keep looking for ones eternally when i open it...
g2k12 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2k12 View Post
I got something similar, but in my case my HL just doesnt find any updates, and keep looking for ones eternally when i open it...
There are a few reasons this could be occurring off the top of my head. However, please email support@wolflair.com, as it's better for us to troubleshoot through our support system than on the forums. Thanks!
liz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
g2k12

Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
There are a few reasons this could be occurring off the top of my head. However, please email support@wolflair.com, as it's better for us to troubleshoot through our support system than on the forums. Thanks!
Alright will do, thanks.
g2k12 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote