Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2019, 11:47 AM
A new update of the Shadowrun 5 files for Hero Lab is now available. This update adds the book Kill Code to Hero Lab.

Kill Code

Here's the full list of changes for this update:
New Releases!

• Content from Kill Code is now available as a new package! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
Enhancements & Changes

• Because the dissonant stream rules on pg. 164 of Data Trails were very bare-bones, at the time of Data Trails' release, the details were filled out by borrowing the 4th Edition rules for Streams for Technomancers. With the publication of Streams as qualities in Kill Code, and because the new Stream rules are completely separate from the 4th edition mechanics, the streams from Data Trails have been removed.
  • Added an adjustment for Gear Rating, that can be used to temporarily alter the effectiveness of variable-rating gear like wired reflexes. In Kill Code, this adjustment can be used to apply the effects of the Overdrive complex form.
  • Added adjustments that can modify essence by decimal amounts, and are considered to be cyberware, bioware, or geneware adjustments. These can be used to restore essence lost to a specific category of augmentations or to increase the effective essence cost of augmentations. In Kill Code, the cyberware adjustment can be used to apply the effects of the Cyberadept stream's Daemon ability.
  • Added adjustments that can be used to multiply or divide a character's movement rates by a selected amount.
  • Added adjustments that can add to or subtract from a character's walking, running or sprinting movement.
Bug Fixes

• The Items of Power quality was missing its karma cost.
  • Necro spirits, once added to a character who only had ritual spellcasting, but not conjuring, would report an error about them needing conjuring, but necro spirits are summoned through a ritual instead.
  • Necro spirits were counting towards a character's normal limit on summoned spirits, but they are summoned through a ritual, and use their own count of how many can be summoned that is separate from the normal charisma-based limit.
  • Necro spirits were showing the number of services allowed, but should instead display their lifespan in days.
  • Summoned Necro spirits were not reducing the effective Magic of their summoner.
Data File Authoring

• A new Hosts tab has been added on the Matrix group, to allow different categories of hosts to be defined.
  • A new Paragons tab has been added to the Resonance group, to allow new paragons to be defined. The advantage and disadvantage added by each paragon are created on the Mentor Spirit Power tab in the Magic grouping.
  • A #hasform[Id] macro is now available, to simplify the coding of prerequisite tests requiring a specific Complex Form.
  • A #hasparagon[Id] macro is now available, to simplify the coding of prerequisite tests requiring a specific Paragon.
  • Removed the Streams tab from the Resonance grouping. Note that if you would like to make additional stream qualities like those in Kill Code, they are entered as qualities.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
LeoDeQuirm

Old March 1st, 2019, 01:40 PM
There's a bit of a bug with Datajack+; They're supposed to be able to accept programs of any type equal to their rating, but right now, that functionality is not present and Hero Lab complains that the programs can only be run on a Cyberdeck.
LeoDeQuirm is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 1st, 2019, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDeQuirm View Post
There's a bit of a bug with Datajack+; They're supposed to be able to accept programs of any type equal to their rating, but right now, that functionality is not present and Hero Lab complains that the programs can only be run on a Cyberdeck.

The instructions on how to use this are listed on the Datajack+'s description text within Hero Lab - you select a cyberdeck from the datajack, and then that deck's program limit is increased.

Last edited by Mathias; March 1st, 2019 at 02:29 PM.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Fedifensor

Old March 1st, 2019, 02:47 PM
First off, thanks for the update!

I did notice that Streams post-chargen cost is calculated wrong. They are showing up as 40 pts. Per the book:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill Code, pg 89
Streams cost 20 Karma to purchase and are not subject to the double cost of qualities after creation.
Fedifensor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 1st, 2019, 02:49 PM
Everyone, please don't report bugs in a thread like this that will just get lost next time there's an update. Please send them through normal bug reports: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24975
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
LeoDeQuirm

Old March 1st, 2019, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The instructions on how to use this are listed on the Datajack+'s description text within Hero Lab - you select a cyberdeck from the datajack, and then that deck's program limit is increased.
My bad for not reading it right! It also doesn't help that I was trying to do it with an odd rule in my game where the program limit applies to a Technomancer's Living Persona
LeoDeQuirm is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old March 1st, 2019, 08:23 PM
Datajack+ is supposed to work on commlinks as well as cyberdecks. I don't have the package yet so I can not check if it works on commlinks or not. Someone else want to check?

Shadowrun: Player and GM
Pathfinder: Player and GM

Shadowrun Adjustments: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60633
ShadowWalker is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
eidos

Old March 4th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Excellent! I am starting a new campaign at the end of the month and was hoping to get Hero Lab up-to-date for character creation, so Kill Code was much anticipated. Hopefully Street Lethal gets added soon and then Better Than Bad. I am unsure if No Future has any rules in it, but I am looking forward to getting my hands on that too.
eidos is offline   #8 Reply With Quote