Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old March 12th, 2014, 08:59 PM
OK, let's see if I can do this in a better manner this time.

Some of us are still frustrated not only with the delays, but the lack of more informative updates. A little information in that regard might go a long way.

I've seen that patch releases come with a list of bug fixes, but I doubt there's a public list of bugs to compare that with, or even a bug count. So, we see these updates saying there are " only a few" or "only a handful of" bugs left, but there's no way to gauge that.

So, what's going on? Between Dec 21st and now, have 10% of the bugs been fixed? 20%? 30, 40 or 50?

Are bugs being stubborn to fix?

Are new bugs cropping up when you fix others?

There must be something more you can offer us without breaking confidentiality?
EightBitz is offline   #1
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2014, 07:09 PM
EightBitz and anyone else with similar concerns, check out this thread. This should let you know where we stand in terms of a release.
liz is offline   #2
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 14th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Bugs have been getting squished. Some of them have been extremely hard to figure out (read: multiple days to solve individual bugs). Meanwhile, new bugs have continued to appear. The rate of new bugs has dwindled to only a few with the latest releases, and we've made steady progress on the nasty/complex bugs. So we're truly on the cusp of release.

P.S. The reason for a complete lack of comment these past few months is that our previous efforts resulted in what could easily be termed a "small disaster". That left us with two options. Say little to nothing or invest lots of time from the development to delve into details publicly, which would result in tons of questions for more detail and all sorts of second-guessing and wrong assumptions by armchair developers who don't have any insight into the situation here, resulting in a vicious cycle consuming even more developer time. The latter would have been a complete disaster and delayed release even further, hence our selection of the former option. Thankfully, that's all pretty much behind us and the official release is imminent.
rob is offline   #3
Nikmal

Old March 14th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Thanks for telling us such detail Rob!
Nikmal is offline   #4
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 15th, 2014, 09:16 AM
rob, I feel your pain. I've had bugs that have taken me an entire week to track down (usually due to some third party code or legacy code that is convoluted and almost impossible to decipher). And then there are things the programming language does that you are never aware of until things break. That's fun.

Anyways, good to hear that things are on the up and up! Here's to continued success!
Kendall-DM is offline   #5