Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wildfire142

Old December 31st, 2013, 12:31 PM
Dealing with tech support at the moment and discovered my laptop works fine but the desktop has the error, laptop was the primary system for creating content, when build 142 came out synced up from the laptop and synced down to the desktop then got the error. Having to send my master .realm files to tech support so they can verify the data on the server before a fix can be made.

Finger crossed will be sorted soon
wildfire142 is offline   #21
Daelda

Old December 31st, 2013, 01:15 PM
WOOT! I do appear to be fixed this time. I have downloaded the database on both computers, looked around, closed them each and then opened each an additional two times just to make sure there would be no false hopes to get dashed. Thanks much for all the hard work!
Daelda is offline   #22
Amaranth

Old December 31st, 2013, 01:38 PM
I'm encouraged to hear that there may be a fix. How can I implement this? I'm afraid I'll need detailed steps to follow. Thanks.
Amaranth is offline   #23
Daelda

Old December 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
I'm encouraged to hear that there may be a fix. How can I implement this? I'm afraid I'll need detailed steps to follow. Thanks.
I'm afraid you will have to wait for tech support to get some things done from their end first. It appears to be a case-by-case solution.
Daelda is offline   #24
wildfire142

Old December 31st, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yes and not a simple fix from the looks of it, the first fix failed for me. back to fingers crossed
wildfire142 is offline   #25
Daelda

Old December 31st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire142 View Post
Yes and not a simple fix from the looks of it, the first fix failed for me. back to fingers crossed
Best of luck on getting you back up and running soon.
Daelda is offline   #26
taxboy

Old December 31st, 2013, 08:49 PM
I am having exactly same problem - sorry for stupid question but where do i email to ask for help / start a ticket?
taxboy is offline   #27
Daelda

Old December 31st, 2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxboy View Post
I am having exactly same problem - sorry for stupid question but where do i email to ask for help / start a ticket?
Reporting Bugs: http://www.wolflair.com/root/bugrepo...ct=realm_works
Daelda is offline   #28
wildfire142

Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:12 AM
Tech support fixed the problem fine and have been able to access my content on both machines.

A tip for the interested make sure your sync from one computer before you start to use another, and sync before you start making changes and afterwards on the new system, should save most of the hassle I had with my databases.

The tech support guy said they were working on relaxing this condition for future builds but this was is safest for now.
wildfire142 is offline   #29
taxboy

Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire142 View Post
Tech support fixed the problem fine and have been able to access my content on both machines.

A tip for the interested make sure your sync from one computer before you start to use another, and sync before you start making changes and afterwards on the new system, should save most of the hassle I had with my databases.

The tech support guy said they were working on relaxing this condition for future builds but this was is safest for now.
Cool, put in my help desk request yesterday - hopefully it can fix mine soon too. Want to get it well underway before i have to go back to work.

<edit> just checked my emails and support is back to me, hope all sorted soon.

Last edited by taxboy; January 2nd, 2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: New Information
taxboy is offline   #30