Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old February 11th, 2015, 09:16 PM
I don't know if this helps any, but I found an old forum with a discussion about WeatherMaster and reference to Wayback Machine website. The discussion is at http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...-WeatherMaster

It appears to be a mystery for a very long time. Maybe we should pitch in to hire a detective to find the creator of WeatherMaster, Martin Briswell. ;-)
ruhar is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old February 12th, 2015, 07:37 AM
If this flies, I'd love to see them take the next logical leap to all abandonware. EFF == good.

https://www.eff.org/let-game-fans-ke...-games-running
AEIOU is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 12th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Good luck :P

With more and more companies (like steam) trying to sell former abandonware on their platforms again, it could always be that they want to "revive" their long dead projects. Furthermore it's not a "win" : "win" situation because the comapanies would like you the user to buy the latest reincarnation of the software so they can earn some more money. Running multiplayer servers is not generating revenue. Only selling copies is.

But in the weather case above, I hope of course that this effort will succeed. It's a prime example what happens when development just stops and some users are left outside in the rain...

Last edited by Acenoid; February 12th, 2015 at 08:21 AM.
Acenoid is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Alarian

Old March 2nd, 2015, 04:48 PM
As a long time user of WeatherMaster back in the day with a huge database of my campaigns within I was really disappointed when it disappeared. What was more frustrating was I had been in contact with him periodically over the previous few years and he repeatedly promised me if he ever stopped development on it he would release a version for the users that did away with the convoluted install drm. He basically seemed to fall off the face of the earth.
Alarian is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 2nd, 2015, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarian View Post
As a long time user of WeatherMaster back in the day with a huge database of my campaigns within I was really disappointed when it disappeared. What was more frustrating was I had been in contact with him periodically over the previous few years and he repeatedly promised me if he ever stopped development on it he would release a version for the users that did away with the convoluted install drm. He basically seemed to fall off the face of the earth.
Hummm Gee, that sounds overtly familiar......
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
Don't go there DLG. Just don't go there. Real life never happens. Rob said so.
AEIOU is offline   #26 Reply With Quote