Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Pappy

Old January 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM
New to the program, but absolutely love it! Quick question. Could someone direct me to a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts for HeroLab? The less I have to use the mouse the faster I can be. Not that it matters, but I am using the Pathfinder data sets (Core + APG + Bestiary 1&2).

Thanks in advance!

Pappy
Pappy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Honestly, the only ones I know off of the top of my head are "CTRL-F" to go to the textbox for searches on lists such as feats, Tab to move between fields (two presses to go from the text box to the list), Enter to accept, ESC to cancel, and the use of Shift and Ctrl when pressing arrow keys to increment or decrement by 10 and 5 respectively. Oh, and CTRL-Tab does move between tabs as usual.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pappy

Old January 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the reply. I find that I use ctrl+T quite often to go to the tactical console when I am running an encounter. I suppose what I was looking for were keyboard shortcuts to jump to different characters on the dashboard as well as to bring up conditions and make HP adjustments with using ctrl or alt commands. Advancing initiative order and rounds would also be great.

Using as many keyboard commands as possible is usually a time saver. Ctrl+tab is useful to go between tabs, and I find that I use that as much as the standard alt+tab.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur but in my line of work the mouse tends to slow things down. Using keyboard shortcuts is indispensable.

Thanks again for your reply.
Pappy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I presume you've pressed the Alt key to underline which letter of the menus at the top to use as a shortcut - for example, the file menu is Alt-f. If you select one of those menus after pressing the Alt key, you'll see one letter in most of the instructions is designated with an underline - that letter will execute that instruction. For example, pressing Alt-f, then v will get you print preview and Alt-v, then r will get you the dice roller.

I don't think there are specific keyboard shortcuts for the actions you're looking for, but watch where the box of dotted lines moves when you press the Tab key once you've ctrl-tabbed to that section of HL. Pressing the space key when the box is around something is the same as mouse-clicking that thing.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
daemon13

Old August 25th, 2018, 06:56 PM
is there one to go to the next hero in the list?
daemon13 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote