Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lfseeney

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM
RW,

When the whole Server side is up and going, will there be a way to have a Backup copy that updates only to the next to newest.

Sorta of a Master?

So we would have the Realm, a Backup, and a Backup of the Version before the newest one.

I ask because I know we will crash the data base sometimes, it is just the nature of the beast.

Be nice to know there is a Version saved before the broken one to jump back to,

It could be stored locally or on the Server, thinking Local is better for cost vs space.

Just a thought, as I would hate to have lost a Realm right before a game, this way at least most of the info would be there.

I know if I try and keep this back version manually it will be woefully out of date when needed.

Not expected in 1.0 but something to think about later.
lfseeney is offline   #1
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Right now, Realm Works automatically creates a backup of your realm every time you launch the product. The plan is to make this a preference and allow the user to specify the maximum number of previous backups to retain. There is also the cloud as another backup resource.
rob is offline   #2