Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

DaggerdaleDM

Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:21 AM
I noticed that an older version of Savage Worlds is being used for weapons stats at least.

For instance, in older versions of Savage Worlds a short sword does Str +2 damage.
In the Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition (current version of rules) a short sword does Str +d6.

Weapons and other such attacks are now expressed as a die type, not a flat number so that the old +1, +2, +3 etc is now shown as d4, d6, d8 etc.

Just trying to give a heads up.
DaggerdaleDM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
The whole point of the authoring kit is that this can be customized, and the SW dataset is currently incomplete. IMHO, this will be made available.
MPHopcroft is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DaggerdaleDM

Old January 25th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Your reply is not helpful.

When the Savage Worlds data set is done it will be complete. That has been clearly stated on these forums. I just want to let the authors know that the version that they are presenting is an old version that isn't supported anymore. I would be very surprised if they worked on an older version of the rules just to get a sample data set out and then they will be working on the newer rules for the official release. That makes no sense.

Incomplete is very different than using the wrong ruleset.
DaggerdaleDM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2009, 01:03 PM
When the SW files got started a long while back, I *was* using the out-dated set of rules. So basic stuff like weapon damage got thrown in with the old info and have remained there during the evolution of the files. You'll notice that *none* of the descriptions are included for equipment, powers, or anything like that. That's because the focus has been on the mechanics.

Before the release of complete SW files, all the updated information will be added. Most of that has already been done internally and I'm working on it now. Since that information was simply raw text, there was no reason to go back and fix it earlier.

The SW data files will also include a few things from the original core rulebook that aren't in Explorer's Edition - as options. That's because they provide an excellent way to show off certain things within the Kit that wouldn't be present if we stuck solely with the new version of the rules.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Oh, BTW, the completed SW files should be out next week, along with the V3.1 release of HL and lots more stuff in the Kit.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DaggerdaleDM

Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the update. I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing more work than you needed to.
DaggerdaleDM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote