Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 20th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Putting BonusFor.? tags on the hero does not make any sense to me. How would HL know which class or classes the tag was meant for. I am pretty sure you should be assiging the BonusFor.? tag to the class itself.

Code:
doneif (hero.tagis[source.WiSRules] + hero.tagis[source.WiSWeapons] = 0)

~ We're an NPC, and subject to feat taxes, so we're done
doneif (hero.tagis[WiSRules.PayFeatTax] <> 0)

~ Check if we're a Tempered Champion
doneif (hero.tagis[ClassVary.arPalTmpCh] = 0)

perform hero.childfound[arPalTmpCh].linkage[varies].assign[BonusFor.wsTempChamp]
Also instead of even using "BonusFor.?" each feat makes a tag called fInclude.? where ? is the Unique ID of the feat. So if I wanted to allow the choice of the Dodge feat as a bonus feat to a class I could just assign the tag fInclude.fDodge to the class.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old February 20th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Well, I was looking at the scripting in the custom ability that defines the two-weapon fighting for rangers, where it said this:

Code:
      ~ at level 6, we add more bonus feats available (we add them to ourself,
      ~ and then at First/1500, all fInclude tags are forwarded to the class)
      if (levels >= 6) then
        perform assign[BonusFor.RgrTwoW6]
        endif
I guess my misunderstanding arose from interpreting the comment "we add them to ourself" to mean the hero. I take it that it actually refers to the custom ability, which is attached to the class?

Even after working on it for a couple of years, I have to confess that my understanding of Hero Lab's data model is shaky at best. Most of the time I just go look up something that does something vaguely like what I'm trying to do and try to figure out how it does it. In this case, that didn't work out so well.

Thanks for the code, Shadow -- it worked very nicely. I still need to figure out how to mark them as bonus feats so they ignore pre-reqs like the fighter levels that the paladin doesn't have, but otherwise it's working.

EDIT: Well, I've gotten it to quit complaining about the missing fighter levels by adding this code to the mechanic:

Code:
if (#hasfeat[fwsWepFoc] <> 0) then
perform hero.child[fwsWepFoc].assign[thing.skipprereq]
endif

if (#hasfeat[fwsGrWFoc] <> 0) then
perform hero.child[fwsGrWFoc].assign[thing.skipprereq]
endif

if (#hasfeat[fwsWepSpec] <> 0) then
perform hero.child[fwsWepSpec].assign[thing.skipprereq]
endif

if (#hasfeat[fwsGrWepSp] <> 0) then
perform hero.child[fwsGrWepSp].assign[thing.skipprereq]
endif
That prevents errors after the feat has been chosen. But it still greys them out in the list of feats. I'm a little surprised that the "counts as fighter levels" bit wasn't implemented in the archetype. All of the variant feats in World is Square that require fighter levels are set up to call #featprereqlevelcount[Fighter] -- I guess I thought there'd be a select box or an eval script or similar that says "Levels of this count as fighter" that that macro would pick up on. But I guess not.

Oh well. If I want to make those feats appear to be valid choices again, do I need to tag the hero as being fighter level X? Or assign some tag to the feats themselves before they're selected? I'm not sure how to get at a feat before it's been picked ...

Last edited by wdmartin; February 20th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
wdmartin is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 6th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Im struggling
I found the update and loaded it but its not showing up as an option for my house rules at the bottom of the choices is there something else i need to do?
Virtue is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 7th, 2019, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Im struggling
I found the update and loaded it but its not showing up as an option for my house rules at the bottom of the choices is there something else i need to do?
Did you follow all the instructions here? Maybe you "loaded" the file into the wrong system folder. Did you get any errors when you started Pathfinder, after downloading the files?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 7th, 2019, 06:10 AM
I saw someone else post that the reinstalled hero labs and it worked and that’s what I did and it worked out.
Virtue is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 7th, 2019, 06:32 AM
Is there a way to do customized monsters where you select the skills and feats for the monster? In standard hero labs there is just a pull down and a button to push. I really need this if I’m going to use this ruleset.
Virtue is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 7th, 2019, 09:40 PM
I'm glad you got the original problem worked out.

As for customizing a monster, I'm not 100% clear what you want to do, but here are a couple of things that might be tripping you up.

1) Once you have imported a monster in the encounter builder, Press Ctrl+K to open the hero configuration. Ensure that "Enable all World is Square Rules" is checked.

2) Ensure that "NPCs pay normal feat taxes" is NOT checked. Either that, or change the monster from an NPC to a PC by changing its type on the left side of the configuration screen. If you leave it as an NPC and also leave the "NPCs pay normal feat taxes" rule enabled, then the World is Square adjustments will not apply.

3) On the Background tab, there is a gear icon next to the race name. Click it. It should open a dialog that looks like this:

Check the boxes for all the things you want to change. For example, if you want change the monster's feats to a completely custom selection, check "Customize Racial Feats". It will remove all the automatic ones and let you pick any feats the monster qualifies for, as normal, including those from the World is Square rules.

Ditto for skills.

I hope that helps. If not, can you describe the issue you're having in more detail please?
Attached Images
File Type: png customize-racial-stuff.png (177.1 KB, 73 views)
wdmartin is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 8th, 2019, 04:59 AM
When I check use all the rules that customize icon wasn’t present but if I select one at a time it seems to work. I’m going to play with it more today.
Virtue is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 8th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Well, that's weird. As far as I know I've never done anything in the WiS rules that should affect that icon at all. I wonder if it could be some kind of interaction with other third party packages?
wdmartin is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2019, 08:39 AM
That icon is only visible for NPCs and minions - not if your monster is a PC, so double-check your settings for this character.
Mathias is offline   #110 Reply With Quote