Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

mikejezz

Old February 5th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Hey guys,

I've been thinking bout buying AB.

I play 40k and Fantasy, just started out with a WoC army. But I'm having a hard time calculating saves, ward saves and so on, because my math skills are worse than garbage, due to the lack of I havent any math teacher in school (yay!).

can AB help me calculate what my save and ward saves are, when making my army into AB?

How much does the tool cost, and yearly sub?

Have Woc been updated yet in AB, and how fast does new codexes usually get updates in AB?
mikejezz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 5th, 2013, 01:24 AM
AB does all the calculations for you, including saves, point costs, etc. That's one of its biggest benefits. It also flags anything that is invalid in your army list.

You can purchase AB for $39.99, which includes one year of product updates. After that, it's (I think) $12.50 per year to continue getting product updates.

There is typically approximately a one-month delay between when a new army book is released and when the corresponding data file updates become available. This can vary depending on the complexity of the new books, but that's the norm. Given that the WoC book was just released, it will likely be a few weeks before the data files for it become available.

You are welcome to download AB and take it for a test drive. Prior to licensing, it will run in demo mode, which allows you to see everything it can do. The only things demo mode excludes are creating larger armies, saving rosters, and printing (although you can use Print Preview to see what printed rosters look like). So you can play around with different units and different armies (and different game systems) to make sure it will do what you want before purchasing.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mikejezz

Old February 5th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Is it possible for me to attach the new changed items that I want, and make it calculate until AB updates? I mostly need it for WF :P And would suck to wait 4-8 weeks.
mikejezz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 5th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Yes, you can. AB includes the Editor to make changes and additions to the data files. So you can make whatever changes you want. Please note, however, that there is some learning curve to using the Editor.

You might also consider contacting the data file author for the WFB data files and asking him when he expects the WoC files to be released. If you download the demo and obtain/import the WFB data files, the author's direct contact info will be there. You can also post your questions about the WFB data files in the sub-forum here that's specifically for that game system.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mikejezz

Old February 5th, 2013, 02:24 AM
They promise a codex will come up max 4 weeks after release. Might wait for grabbing it until then :P
mikejezz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote