Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

direinsomniac

Old December 6th, 2019, 10:11 AM
This may be a one off kind of issue, but there are some weapons that were initially viable option in the normal Weapon Focus feat that were never assigned to a weapon group and thus cannot be selected when the Group Weapon Feats is enabled.

I am referring to those "weapons" that are magic or spell-based; i.e. rays and kinetic blasts.
direinsomniac is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 6th, 2019, 10:25 AM
I know rays are select-able, Not sure about blasts though.
Minous is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old December 6th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Rays are covered. There's a separate feat called Weapon Focus (ray) for that.

However, you're correct: Kineticist blasts are not currently supported. I overlooked them. And here's a relevant bit of FAQ:

Quote:
Certain special abilities (for instance rays, kinetic blasts, and mystic bolts) can specifically be selected with feats like Weapon Focus and Improved Critical. They still aren’t considered a type of weapon for other rules; they are not part of any weapon group and don’t qualify for the effects of fighter weapon training, warpriest sacred weapon, magus arcane pool, paladin divine bond, or any other such ability.
Furthermore, although ordinarily you wouldn't have access to things like Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Focus due to not having any fighter levels, the Elemental Annihilator grants you those as selectable bonus feats.

Yay, complications.

I'm tempted to just make a new weapon group called Kinetic Blasts and call it good, even though that does not honor the FAQ written above. That's probably the most straightforward solution. Otherwise it might take a custom feat chain that's just like the Weapon Focus feat chain, only just for kinetic blasts. I'd really rather not do that. It's clunky.

Let me mull it over a bit and get back to you.
wdmartin is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
schizzo

Old April 17th, 2020, 06:47 AM
anyone have a current, working link to the data files for this? The posted links all go to dead pages.
schizzo is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old May 6th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Say what now?

As far as I can tell, the site is still up. Where are these dead links?

EDIT: Also, why did I not get a notification of this response until today, when it was apparently posted nearly three weeks ago?

Last edited by wdmartin; May 6th, 2020 at 05:42 PM.
wdmartin is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 6th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmartin View Post
Say what now?

As far as I can tell, the site is still up. Where are these dead links?

EDIT: Also, why did I not get a notification of this response until today, when it was apparently posted nearly three weeks ago?
I think the forums are set to require manual approval for a new person's first post, and LW is rather shorthanded at the moment.
TheIronGolem is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old May 6th, 2020, 11:09 PM
Ah, that would account for it.
wdmartin is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old May 7th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Possible BUG #1: The WiS rule with finesse is not applying to touch attacks. I have a Cleric 5 with a 10 Str and 14 Dex. This should give him a normal +3 melee touch and +5 ranged touch. With WiS finesse set to Dex, both should adjust to +5.

My understanding is that touch attacks = natural attacks = finesse can apply.

Possible BUG #2: Same cleric is carry a shield. The shield's ACP penalty is applying to finesse attacks, as per normal Weapon Finesse feat. Was this intentional?
Krothos is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old May 7th, 2020, 05:23 PM
Krothos, could you post the .por file for this character so I can take a look at what's going on?
wdmartin is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old May 7th, 2020, 09:24 PM
Attached is my character. Thank you for looking into this.
Attached Files
File Type: email WiSTest.por (99.5 KB, 1 views)
Krothos is offline   #130 Reply With Quote