Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 26th, 2018, 06:33 AM
Would like to be able to place a conditional note at the end of a skill bonus, using the source field, so it will appear in the statblock like this:

Now:
Racial Modifiers +8 Stealth

Future:
Racial Modifiers +8 Stealth in coral reefs

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2018, 07:15 AM
There are lots of examples of this - try the Cat, Leopard - that's a race that will be in the core package, so it'll be copyable in the editor, so that you can see how it adds "+4 stealth in undergrowth".
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old October 26th, 2018, 08:30 AM
If needed there is an adjustment that achieves the same thing
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 26th, 2018, 08:57 AM
I'm working in the Bestiary Monster Creation tool rather than the editor. I've already added a "Situational Bonus" on the adjustment tab and putting "in coral reefs" in the duration box does add the text to the skill. However, some Racial Skill Bonuses are also situational, but no notation is allowed:

Is:
Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Stealth +15 (+23 in coral reefs), Swim +16; Racial Modifiers +8 Stealth

Should be:
Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Stealth +15 (+23 in coral reefs), Swim +16; Racial Modifiers +8 Stealth (in coral reefs)

The condition allies to both, but there isn't a way to notate it in the Racial Skill bonus.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 26th, 2018, 09:19 AM
The race Mathias mentioned has a racial special, IIRC. Instead of adding the adjustment on the adjust tab, does adding the racial ability work?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old October 26th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWizardInDallas View Post
I'm working in the Bestiary Monster Creation tool rather than the editor. I've already added a "Situational Bonus" on the adjustment tab and putting "in coral reefs" in the duration box does add the text to the skill. However, some Racial Skill Bonuses are also situational, but no notation is allowed:

Is:
Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Stealth +15 (+23 in coral reefs), Swim +16; Racial Modifiers +8 Stealth

Should be:
Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Stealth +15 (+23 in coral reefs), Swim +16; Racial Modifiers +8 Stealth (in coral reefs)

The condition allies to both, but there isn't a way to notate it in the Racial Skill bonus.
Just an opinion from an average user (no affiliation with LWD): There are some things in the rules that are going to have some overlap. From a coding perspective, allowing for every nuance of every possibility will unnecessarily bloat the product. So you try to allow for maximum functionality without unnecessary bloat.

In this case, you have the situational modifier which accomplishes exactly what you wish to do. In the Source field, you can add "Racial Modifier" or whatever else you would like to call it, so you know that that's what it is.

I guess my request would be to show the source on the stat block. It's shown on the character sheet, but not the stat block. Also, if possible, show situational modifiers on the In-Play tab with a check box.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old October 26th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWizardInDallas View Post
Would like to be able to place a conditional note at the end of a skill bonus, using the source field, so it will appear in the statblock
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I guess my request would be to show the source on the stat block. It's shown on the character sheet, but not the stat block. Also, if possible, show situational modifiers on the In-Play tab with a check box.
Yeah, to quote us both, that's all I'm really asking for. I personally have an easier time reading the stat block.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #7 Reply With Quote