Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

porl

Old April 23rd, 2018, 01:58 AM
I am running Hero Lab via Wine in Linux, so the following may be due to that. However everything else, including saving to PDF or exporting stat blocks, works flawlessly so I'm hoping it is something else.

Whenever I choose "Save Custom Output", no matter which option I choose I get the following:
An error was reported: NULL error description
If I choose any of the options other than the "Generate XML File" one I get further errors about missing lwdcustom.xml, although I believe that is because of the previous error.

I am running a completely new install of Hero Lab (just purchased today) and this happens no matter if I create a new portfolio or import one that has been made by someone else.
porl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old April 23rd, 2018, 01:09 PM
What system are you using? Do you have the community package installed?

(Reason I'm asking is because I'm a community contributor, and I directly touch custom output in the D&D 5E ruleset).

Dave

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
porl

Old April 24th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Hi Dave

I'm using the Pathfinder system. I installed "Armidale's Custom Output Sheet" but the problem happens if I select any of the default ones too. I do have a community package for Dreamscarred Press books, though I'm not selecting it as a source for the characters I've tried to output. Would this be causing a conflict?

Is there another community package you mean? As I mentioned, I'm new to this software.
porl is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old April 24th, 2018, 09:39 PM
I was specifically talking about the D&D 5E Community Pack.

Only thing I could offer would be to disable all third party plugins, or remove them completed.

(There's a menu option to do that, but I don't know where).

Dave

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
porl

Old April 25th, 2018, 12:42 AM
Oh I understand sorry.

I tried disabling everything but the official sources and still had the same issue. I also noticed that saving PDF files takes a *long* time (well over five minutes per character sheet).

I tried installing it (using a secondary license) in a virtual Windows environment and it all works perfectly, so I guess it is a Linux/Wine compatibility issue. I can use the virtual environment for now at least.
porl is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mrmakeit

Old March 5th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Looks like the custom output uses MS XML to render. I was able to get it to work by running the msxml4 5 and 6 from winetricks.
mrmakeit is offline   #6 Reply With Quote