Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Valyar

Old August 11th, 2019, 01:57 AM
Just don't shut down the product at least for the next decade and I will be fine.
If you are going to make paid upgrade to refresh the UI or do some major improvement - you will get my money.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 11th, 2019, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
The only thing close we have to a roadmap at this juncture is the intention to eventually add newer systems to the program and exterminate the bugs scampering around inside.
It's a shame that there's no new features waiting on the roadmap too.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old August 11th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Especially since there are promised features still unfinished, some of them advertised during the Kickstarter as "almost finished"....

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 11th, 2019, 11:14 AM
If the content market flopped just switch to paid upgrades. I believe it would work. Surely a few supporters would jump ship, since they have been promised by kickstarter some stuff. But yeah, let's face it if the feature isn't ready I dont know how many years later it was not accomplished, buried and requires dev time. And you guys have to eat as well.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 11th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
If the content market flopped just switch to paid upgrades. I believe it would work. Surely a few supporters would jump ship, since they have been promised by kickstarter some stuff. But yeah, let's face it if the feature isn't ready I dont know how many years later it was not accomplished, buried and requires dev time. And you guys have to eat as well.
I suggested basically this a long time ago and was told the design didn't allow it.

After they spent years trying to attract customers who were never going to come, GM's who only use modules are going to buy RW and the CM why?, maybe they'll put the time in to allow modules to be added as the user wants/buys.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old August 11th, 2019, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
If you are reading this Rob. People. Are leaving to try other tools simply because of the lack of communication....
Sadly I am one of those.

As I generally only play published adventures (ok, I started building my own homebrew campaign, but just gave up - I dont have the time to devote to it, between playing and DMing in 4 games a fortnight) , the shiny buttons of new actively developed toolsets such World Anvil and Arkenforge are calling me.

I will still have RW for any campaign type stuff... but for individual sessons and as those systems get more and more features like RW (really its only autolinking that holds me back).. I'll find that I'll use RW less and less.

I havent given up hope yet... but what I want from a toolset is changing.
Happydevil43 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Of course there are! However, since I don't know at this juncture which ones will be practical and which ones won't, I wouldn't want to get anyone excited only to have to remove them. Once we have the time and resources to thoroughly investigate the incredibly long list of ideas and requests we have I can put together something more informative.
BJ is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 12th, 2019, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
thoroughly investigate the incredibly long list of ideas and requests
That's where a Scrum-style agile approach helps. Forget about the thorough analysis of everything and prioritise some easy stuff while slowing working through prioritising/breaking down the more complicated stuff.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 13th, 2019, 04:05 AM
Quote:
That's where a Scrum-style agile approach helps. Forget about the thorough analysis of everything and prioritise some easy stuff while slowing working through prioritising/breaking down the more complicated stuff.
This is also a great way to get developers who aren't familiar with the code base up to speed. Give them easily accomplished tasks that require them to get to know the code to do. It might take them the whole sprint to do what an experienced dev could do in an afternoon but the investments in time over a few sprints serves to get them familiar with at least chunks of the code and how the whole hooks together.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 14th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Good thoughts Farling and kbs, I'll pass those along to the higher ups.
Lj Stephens is offline   #40 Reply With Quote