Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jkthomsen9

Old December 31st, 2014, 09:17 PM
It has been a couple months since I asked so I thought I would ask again. Has there been any progress on getting a licence for adventure path content? I am curious if the lawyers have it or if Paizo is still in a holding patteren to see where RW goes?
jkthomsen9 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 31st, 2014, 11:09 PM
I'm betting the answer will be a belated Christmas present upon the release of the Market. Now, have we been good or will we get coal?
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old January 1st, 2015, 12:59 AM
Have we heard an estimated date on the marketplace. I know it is required before we get ANY content. Also did Paizo ever give consent for RotRL content to be released as an example? I know the LWD team has done extensive work on it, and what I saw at Paizocon was phenomenal.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 1st, 2015, 05:57 AM
I believe LWD is taking the tact of "Loose Lips Sink Ships." So, I don't expect any comment on if or when we will see content from the various game publishers out there. They have mentioned that they are in talks with Paizo and would love to talk to Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro. But I don't think they are holding their breath on Hasbro. Who knows what may come down the road from other game makers. In my opinion, Fate Core's rules as well as its setting books would be a great addition to Realm Works.

We also don't know exactly when the Markeplace will be ready. I believe they have made it a top priority now, but that doesn't mean its going to happen tomorrow. I'm hoping we will see it by the summer of 2015... but I'm not going to hold my breath if I'm wrong.
Viking2054 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 1st, 2015, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
Have we heard an estimated date on the marketplace. I know it is required before we get ANY content. Also did Paizo ever give consent for RotRL content to be released as an example? I know the LWD team has done extensive work on it, and what I saw at Paizocon was phenomenal.
I don't think anyone ever said Rise of the Runelords would be released as an example.

The example content is new material created for RealmWorks (Isle of Kandril setting).

The work on Rise of the Runelords, as I understand it, was done to show Paizo what such content might look like.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old January 1st, 2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I don't think anyone ever said Rise of the Runelords would be released as an example.

The example content is new material created for RealmWorks (Isle of Kandril setting).

The work on Rise of the Runelords, as I understand it, was done to show Paizo what such content might look like.
Correct. I believe LWD was asking Paizo for permission to release it as a trial, to show Paizo and the community what is possible. I dont know where these talks landed though, as the last I heard about it was last July during Paizocon.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Tumorseal

Old January 4th, 2015, 09:12 AM
As someone who is getting ready to DM Runelords starting in March, I would pay quite a lot to buy Realmworks with Runelords entered for me.

I actually have not purchased Realmworks yet, every couple of days I come back and watch a video or two. I 'want' to buy it, but I am just not sure if it is worth it to pick up a program and basically copy info from my book into the program. I understand that it would be organized better, but is it really worth it?

That is not even getting into the fact that with my luck I would spend a hundred hours entering stuff and then they release their version.
Tumorseal is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 4th, 2015, 10:20 AM
For me personally, entering the material myself has given me much greater insight into the material I've entered. I understand the linkages because I've created them.

If you will be updating or modifying material, then yes it's worth the investment to get a headstart on RotRL (which has not been confirmed to even be coming). Based on what was shown in the GenCon video I will be embellishing and moving stuff around because I'd want to fit it into the larger setting so I can recycle material for other modules. And I will want to add material from Golarian that I have in other books that may not be available right away or that I don't feel like paying for again.

If you feel certain that you can wait until March, spend the time building maps and other material for the encounters. And really familiarizing yourself with the key locations.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
Correct. I believe LWD was asking Paizo for permission to release it as a trial, to show Paizo and the community what is possible. I dont know where these talks landed though, as the last I heard about it was last July during Paizocon.
That's where the wires are crossed.. if I remember correctly, there was no "release it" in those talks. It was solely for the purpose of showing Paizo what such a product would look like.

Now, if a publishing deal were to be completed, I would expect Rise of the Runelords to be one of the first products to be sold from it. Especially since a) Big Finish Productions is still in the middle of producing their Audio Drama version of RotRL and b) Syrinscape has just released the sound pack for part 4 or RotRL with 2 more to go.
Silveras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Romaq

Old April 20th, 2015, 07:46 PM
All I want to do is throw money at Lone Wolf for Rise of the "I don't want to have to copy+paste for hours" market content.
Romaq is offline   #10 Reply With Quote