Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Romaq

Old January 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Suppose I have a trait such as "forlorn".

"You do not have the background that offers you this trait."

I go to the 'history' tab... "Circumstance of Birth: Adopted Outside Your Race" is set and "Adopted: Raised by Civilized Humanoids" is set, but I'm not clear what else to set to 'turn on' the "Forlorn" feat, and that isn't the only feat.

A 'search' in each of the options does not turn up the word "forlorn", though "canter" turns up in several of the backgrounds making it easy to have the background match the trait, I just have to go through each background option.

Is there an easier way I'm missing? Or is "Forlorn" one of those I'll have to ignore, and are there others?
Romaq is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Romaq

Old November 7th, 2014, 11:13 PM
I never got an answer on this one, and I have a player wanting to use "Harrow Chosen (Varisian) and "Scholar of the Ancients" traits. If I set the character to require backgrounds, I can't find what background allows these traits. Sure, it is easy enough for me to set it back to ignore backgrounds and look for backgrounds that are close enough...

But is there some way to help me figure out what background a trait is looking for? Or some way to explicitly enter a new background that allows for a given trait?
Romaq is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old November 8th, 2014, 05:09 AM
I believe only traits from Ultimate Campaign have backgrounds associated with them, so if the trait isn't in that book, there won't be a background for it
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Romaq

Old November 8th, 2014, 08:15 AM
And that would HORRIBLY complicate requiring backgrounds that don't exist in the system for traits that *do* exist in the system. Thank you for the response, it does help.
Romaq is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 8th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I'd say if you want to take a certain trait, then when looking at the list of background choices, filter the results for the name of that trait.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote