Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Stoutor

Old November 20th, 2019, 06:22 PM
I just recently was introduced to Pathfinder 1e always played 2nd edition dnd or 3.5 so herolab was also new to me I'm old school. I love Dark Sun and just wanted to say this conversion is amazing and saves me a whole lot of time creating it myself. So thank you so much.
Stoutor is offline   #211 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old November 23rd, 2019, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutor View Post
I just recently was introduced to Pathfinder 1e always played 2nd edition dnd or 3.5 so herolab was also new to me I'm old school. I love Dark Sun and just wanted to say this conversion is amazing and saves me a whole lot of time creating it myself. So thank you so much.
Thank you very much, if you ever notice that there is something you think I am missing please feel free to let me know. Especially with the Dark Sun material, as that is not a system I am not hugely familar with and I rely on input and requests for Dark Sun. I have regrettably never had the opportunity to play it.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #212 Reply With Quote
Dirtydeedz

Old November 24th, 2019, 05:58 AM
Thank you for your dedication to this Project. We have a new FRCS campaign about to start and everyone is SO excited. The GM is practically a walking encyclopedia(wiki) on this setting; and, these updated files couldn't have come at a better time! Continued thanks to RavenX & any other community members that have contributed.

I have the D&D conversion and FRCS installed. Everything compiles.

However I have encountered some strange behavior when trying to create new HEROs

1. When I choose my FRCS Region in Feat/Traits; the FRCS Region in Background/"Racial, Templete, and Faction Abilities" continues to throw an error: "FRCS Region trait: Characters must pick one......"
*NOTE* If I choose 2 x FRCS Regions, I get the error I have "to many" FRCS Regions.
2. When creating a Hero, say a Shield Dwarf: +2 CON & WIS, -2 CHA. These are being applied to the "Ability MODIFIER" instead of the Ability Score. So the HERO is starting w/ 14 CON, 14 WIS, 6 CHA. (This may be fully intended and I'm just the DA that doesn't remember this from D&D)
3. Choosing Half-Elf/ "Any" Heritage from the Ethnicity drop down, does NOT open an FRCS Region under "Racial, Templete, and Faction Abilities"

Last edited by Dirtydeedz; November 24th, 2019 at 06:04 AM.
Dirtydeedz is offline   #213 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old November 27th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtydeedz View Post
However I have encountered some strange behavior when trying to create new HEROs

1. When I choose my FRCS Region in Feat/Traits; the FRCS Region in Background/"Racial, Templete, and Faction Abilities" continues to throw an error: "FRCS Region trait: Characters must pick one......"
*NOTE* If I choose 2 x FRCS Regions, I get the error I have "to many" FRCS Regions.
2. When creating a Hero, say a Shield Dwarf: +2 CON & WIS, -2 CHA. These are being applied to the "Ability MODIFIER" instead of the Ability Score. So the HERO is starting w/ 14 CON, 14 WIS, 6 CHA. (This may be fully intended and I'm just the DA that doesn't remember this from D&D)
3. Choosing Half-Elf/ "Any" Heritage from the Ethnicity drop down, does NOT open an FRCS Region under "Racial, Templete, and Faction Abilities"
1)
There is an issue with the Regions.. I am wanting to condense the regions into a hidden list and remove it from the TRAITS section of the feats tab. Basically, when you select your race I want you to choose from the dropdown and have it bootstrapped to your character based on your selection. I didnt get to it this pass as it requires A LOT of work. And it would mess with alot of other stuff.

I will hide the dropdown selection (as I should have done before updating), and it should make this error vanish.

2) The code I am using to add ability scores is

Code:
hero.child[aCON].field[aStartMod].value += 2
hero.child[aWIS].field[aStartMod].value += 2
hero.child[aCHA].field[aStartMod].value -= 2
This is through an eval script at FIRST/100. I *think* this is correct. On my end it is adding to the ability SCORE which changes the ability MOD as well. If this is not what it is doing on your end please let me know and send me a private message with a copy of your character sheet and I will try and see whats going on.

3) You are correct, the half-elf ethnicity is NOT adding the FRCS Heritage special to the character! I will correct this as soon as I can.

Added:
Please, inform me if there is any content that you require for your game and I will be happy to add it as swiftly as I can. I am starting to take requests for my next Content Update, which I hope will be more frequently in the future. Just to let you know, I plan on starting to work on the FR Bestiary (Monstrous Compendium). A few of the common monsters and the common D&D (Beholders, Mind-Flayers, Slaad etc) monsters will be added sometime next month. Although, some of the more complex ones such as Living Spells, Dragons and that extra-planar monstrosity (cant remember the name, the one that has portals and multi-attacks) will need to wait.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; November 27th, 2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Added extra.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #214 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old December 6th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Hello folks, I've acquired a large number of monsters from the greatest of persons, allentude (all praise should go to him!)
Sofar I have conducted my initial sweep of the file to make sure they were as accurate as I could get them and to re-source them so they can be added to my D&D stuff. Most of the monsters needed little to no work. Just a few issues with typos in Hit Dice and some incorrect feats.
I also swapped over some of the custom class specials and turned them into their more generic version so they could comply with prerequisite rules for feats and such. (Change Shape, Energy Drain, Poisons, Diseases etc).
Here is the list of juicy monsters and what source you will need to have active for them to appear.
3.5 Monster Manual Entries
  • Automaton, Hammerer (MM II)
  • Automaton, Pulverizer (MM II)
  • Beholder (MM I)
  • Beholderkin, Gauth (MM I)
  • Breathdrinker (MM II)
  • Carrion Crawler (MM I)
  • Demon, Kelvezu (MM II)
  • Demon Palrethee (MM II)
  • Dread Guard (MM II)
  • Ethereal Filcher (MM II)
  • Felldrake, Crested MM II)
  • Flesh Jelly (MM II)
  • Giant, Death (MM III)
  • Harpoon Spider (MM III)
  • Hook Horror (MM II & Monster of Faerun)
  • Ixitxachitl, Average MM II)
  • Kuo-toa (MM II)
  • Linnorm, Dread (MM II)
  • Mind Flayer (NPC) (MM I)
  • Morkoth (MM II)
  • Raggamoffyn, Common (MM II)
  • Red Sundew (MM II)
  • Salamander, Noble (MM I)
  • Slaad, Blue (MM I)
  • Slaad, Death (MM I)
  • Slaad, Gray (MM I)
  • Slaad, Green (MM II)
  • Slaad, Red (MM II)
  • Spawn of Kyuss (MM II)
  • Spell Weaver (MM II)
  • Umber Hulk (MM I)
  • Yuan-ti Abomination (MM I)
  • Yuan-ti Halfblood (MM II)
  • Yuan-ti Pureblood (MM I)
  • Yugoloth, Mezzoloth (MM III)
  • Yugoloth, Nycaloth (MM III)
  • Yugoloth, Ultroloth (MM III)
  • Yugoloth, Yagnoloth (MM II)
Fiend Folio
  • Abyssal Ghoul
  • Aquatic Ooze, Bloodbloater
  • Aquatic Ooze, Flotsam
  • Canomorph, Harakin
  • Demondand, Farastu
  • Demondand, Kelubar
  • Demon Blood Fiend
  • Demon, Maurezhi
  • Demon, Skulvyn
  • Demon, Wastrilith
  • Feytouched
  • Golem, Demonflesh
  • Nerra, Kalareem
  • Nerra, Varoot
  • Octopus Tree
  • Phiuhl
  • Shadar-kai
  • Slaad, Mud
  • Yuan-ti Anathema
Monsters of Faerun
  • Bullywug
Book of Vile Darkness
  • Demon, Chasme
Lords of Madness
  • Beholderkin, Eye of the Deep
  • Grell
Stormwrack
  • Dinosaur, Ichthyosaur
Draconomicon
  • Dragon, Pyroclastic, Mature Adult (Will Add the other Ages)
Book of Exalted Deeds
  • Eladrin, Tulani (Formerly Azata, Tulani)
Unsourced or Unverified
Monsters I couldn’t update or verify will likely not be included, however, if any of you could assist with these, I’d be happy to include them.
  • Phanaton (Savage Coast? Dont own the book)
  • Kopru Behemoth (Could not find the Source)
  • Golem, Shaboath (NWK NBEoH is the only designation I could find.)
  • Advanced Spell Weaver (Apparently, it’s from Dragon #338, but I don’t have a copy.)
Templates
  • Bone Naga from the Serpent Kingdoms (Forgotten Realms)
  • Death Knight (from 1e Forgotten Realms)
  • Half-Fey (from Fiend Folio)
Any assistance with the Death Knight would be appreciated, otherwise I will likely not be including it.
A selection of items was also in the file, but I haven’t decided if I will be including them. They don’t fit into any of the supplement books I have, namely three items from older 3x Adventure Paths and items that already exist in pathfinder in some fashion.
I want to inform you all that I am very much aware that this is missing the iconic Gith races, I will add those once I have everything properly updated and added. They are my top priority, after that I will add any monsters that are part of the same family, i.e., Canomorphs, Slaads, Yugos and so on.
In truth, this was way more than I had expected, and very much overkill. My particular philosophy with my conversion files was to stay out of the Accessories, and Supplements that were universal. However, it does not seem that I can do that anymore. I have to consider this going forward.
Good luck and happy gaming.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #215 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old December 18th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Great work TobyFox2002!

Can't wait to see those monsters on my HL

I just noticed the Dark Sun stuff is missing, do you know when it is going to be back?
Meatpuppet is offline   #216 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old December 18th, 2019, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatpuppet View Post
Great work TobyFox2002!

Can't wait to see those monsters on my HL

I just noticed the Dark Sun stuff is missing, do you know when it is going to be back?
What do you mean the dark sun content is missing?
TobyFox2002 is offline   #217 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old December 18th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Oups my bad

I had removed the Dark Sun content cause it was causing errors.

But I just re-uploaded it and it is working perfectly

Thanks
Meatpuppet is offline   #218 Reply With Quote
RichieRich

Old January 5th, 2020, 08:44 AM
First let me ask, do you have a Patreon, or similar? Your efforts have greatly impacted the usefullness of HeroLab for me. Its wonderful, and I'd love to kick in a few bucks for your efforts.

Next up, I found a glitch I thought I'd report. Well, its more like an unanticipated effect. If The Dark Sun Material is added, it's requirements overwrite the other settings. My experience shows that If Dark Sun is enabled, Sorcerer and Paladin classes are disabled, even if you aren't using anything related to Dark Sun. I'm not sure what else is affected.

Lastly, Are your conversion efforts and the community packs the only sources for Forgotten Realms content? I see a LOT of FR books listed, but grayed out in the selection window. A While back you had listed adding the Dwarven Battle Rager as a next step, but I don't see it now. Did that fall by the wayside for now?
RichieRich is offline   #219 Reply With Quote
Dracorage

Old January 5th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Hey TobyFox2002, just wanted to say thank you very much for the Dragonlance content. Just bought HL a few days ago and found your content just yesterday. It made my day (and many more to come)!
Dracorage is offline   #220 Reply With Quote