Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Illyahr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 266

Old June 10th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Can you be more specific about which templates and class variants? Unfortunately, there isn't a way to affect all templates/variants to fix issues like this. It will have to be done on a case-by-case basis.
It doesn't look like a specific variant, but an issue with the scripting for variants as a whole. If you select variants that replace bonus feats, only one of them seems to work properly. The additional ones only shift the bonus feat.

I noticed this when I was making the changeling egoist substitution levels. Two of the three (levels 1 and 5) replace bonus feats but instead of replacing both feats the changeling would still get one of them. At first I thought it was something I was doing but I tested it with the fighter variants and had the same result.
Illyahr is offline   #901 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old June 11th, 2019, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
It doesn't look like a specific variant, but an issue with the scripting for variants as a whole. If you select variants that replace bonus feats, only one of them seems to work properly. The additional ones only shift the bonus feat.

I noticed this when I was making the changeling egoist substitution levels. Two of the three (levels 1 and 5) replace bonus feats but instead of replacing both feats the changeling would still get one of them. At first I thought it was something I was doing but I tested it with the fighter variants and had the same result.
When modifying bonus feats through a class variant you have to modify the level where the change starts and *every* level thereafter. For example, the fighter class variant Resolve from Complete Champion replaces a fighter bonus feat at level 2. So, the array for this looks like this:

Quote:
0:
1: -1
2: -1
3: -1
4: -1
etc
Sendric is offline   #902 Reply With Quote
Illyahr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 266

Old June 11th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
When modifying bonus feats through a class variant you have to modify the level where the change starts and *every* level thereafter. For example, the fighter class variant Resolve from Complete Champion replaces a fighter bonus feat at level 2. So, the array for this looks like this:
Ah, I see. In that case, Elusive Attack (PHB2) doesn't do that. It modifies the one level without modifying the rest.

A class variant allowing a whole category for bonus feats doesn't have them show up in the list for bonus feats.
Illyahr is offline   #903 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old June 12th, 2019, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Ah, I see. In that case, Elusive Attack (PHB2) doesn't do that. It modifies the one level without modifying the rest.
Thanks. Fixed.

Quote:
A class variant allowing a whole category for bonus feats doesn't have them show up in the list for bonus feats.
Looks like this works if you select specific feats but not feat groups. Not sure why, but I located one such example (Cleric trading Domains Bon Feat from Complete Champion) and fixed it with the following eval script:

Run at First / 10000
Code:
perform hero.childfound[cHelpClr].pushtags[fCategory.?]
If you see other examples of this issue, please let me know.
Sendric is offline   #904 Reply With Quote
Illyahr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 266

Old June 28th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Ok, I'm getting weird errors when using the Oracle template from Creatures of Rokugan. It says it is attempting to access an out of bounds matrix when calculating spells per day and spells known.

Hinder (Dragon Magazine) needs to have prereq adjusted. It gives an error if you don't have skirmish rather than checking if you do

Last edited by Illyahr; June 28th, 2019 at 01:57 PM.
Illyahr is offline   #905 Reply With Quote
Illyahr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 266

Old July 5th, 2019, 06:05 PM
The bonus mysteries for the shadowcaster (creator fix) only gives you the one stack of extra uses that can be used for any mystery for that level, not a bonus to each mystery
Illyahr is offline   #906 Reply With Quote
Gotrek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Gotrek

Old July 6th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Fatespinner Class skills doesn't include Spellcraft (It should be included).
Practical Metamagic doesn't allow to select the Metamagic Feat of application.
Draconic Heritage doesn't qualify for the dragonblood requisite.
Gotrek is offline   #907 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old July 8th, 2019, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Ok, I'm getting weird errors when using the Oracle template from Creatures of Rokugan. It says it is attempting to access an out of bounds matrix when calculating spells per day and spells known.
Unable to reproduce the error. It does look like there could be a problem with the secondary spells as it doesn't indicate how many the character receives. I'll look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Hinder (Dragon Magazine) needs to have prereq adjusted. It gives an error if you don't have skirmish rather than checking if you do
Thanks. Fixed.
Sendric is offline   #908 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,744

Old July 8th, 2019, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrek View Post
Fatespinner Class skills doesn't include Spellcraft (It should be included).
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrek View Post
Practical Metamagic doesn't allow to select the Metamagic Feat of application.
I'll look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrek View Post
Draconic Heritage doesn't qualify for the dragonblood requisite.
This one is a bit trickier as it's not necessarily a bug with the Draconic Heritage feat. Can you specify for which feat/PrC/whatever this isn't qualifyin for?
Sendric is offline   #909 Reply With Quote
Gotrek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Gotrek

Old July 8th, 2019, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
This one is a bit trickier as it's not necessarily a bug with the Draconic Heritage feat. Can you specify for which feat/PrC/whatever this isn't qualifyin for?
Dragon Wings, Practical Metamagic etc...
All the "Dragonblood Subtype required" feats from Dragon Magic and Races of Dragons


Last edited by Gotrek; July 8th, 2019 at 04:18 AM. Reason: wrong feats
Gotrek is offline   #910 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.