Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UndeadDan

Old October 4th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Odd Mac problem I've having since upgrading the OS this week.

Overlapping dialogue boxes tend to appear behind instead of in front of each other in El Capitan.

The current workaround is calling up Mission Control and then reselecting the correct desktop. This normally fixes the arrangement and allows me to continue using the program.

This behavior occurs on the opening update screens as well as the actual character creation section.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
UndeadDan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DtSimmons

Old October 4th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Im having a rather severe problem in El Capitan. I get to the opening update screen, and I can click on one thing before it freezes up. It's running in fullscreen mode and I can't seem to change that. Mission Control does not seem to work when I try to show application windows.
DtSimmons is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2015, 08:50 AM
@UndeadDan and @Dt.Simmons, thanks for flagging this! Please send an email to support@wolflair.com with all this information, as well as any other details that you think may be useful information. That will allow the developers to look into this into more detail.
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Guennarr

Old November 1st, 2015, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtSimmons View Post
Im having a rather severe problem in El Capitan. I get to the opening update screen, and I can click on one thing before it freezes up. It's running in fullscreen mode and I can't seem to change that. Mission Control does not seem to work when I try to show application windows.
Same problem here. Ever since updating to El Capitan Herolab freezes upon first click in the update screen.

A complete re-install didn't help. The newest El Capitan update didn't help either.

Please correct this problem. Herolab is completely unusable in this state of things!
Thanks in advance!
Guennarr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:44 AM
Can you report this to support@wolflair.com? That's our tech support email address.
Hollis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Guennarr

Old November 14th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Thanks for this advice.
Unfortunately work kept me from contacting your support earlier.

I am justing wondering:
I already spent several days re-installing and re-activating the program to no avail. Then registering here. Then waiting to be activated for the forum. Then posting here. Then being sent to another address. Then being informed that answer of your e-mail hotline will take another three business days.

I really paid a small fortune for hero lab and a lot of data packages.
I paid this amount for a program that isn't working any more for several weeks by now. And I don't feel serviced well by you. I feel as if I had to apologize for informing you about this program error, as if I was the problem, and not some bug in hero lab. And this thread shows that there are at least two customes with the very same hero lab issue.

I'd be really happy if you could inform me:
- whether the error is known with you,
- whether you are investigating the case,
- when a bug fix will be available.
I like hero lab and I would just like to keep on using it on my mac - which isn't possible right now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by Guennarr; November 14th, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
Guennarr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately Apple broke something in El Cap, their newest OS release, that causes problems when Hero Lab is running in full screen mode. We released a beta this morning that fixes this issue by disabling full screen mode, which you can find here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54266

We're doing our best to work around the issue, but we haven't found a way to fix it yet, as the problem occurs with a pretty "core" part of Hero Lab.

Guennar, sorry that it took so long to get a solution to your issue. If you're reporting bugs, the quickest way to do so is to email support@wolflair.com - that avoids having to wait for posts to be approved. We do appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention, so thank you for your report.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Guennarr

Old November 16th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the fast reply and the new beta version - herolab works again.

Looking forward to the final update!
Guennarr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote