Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

timjthomas

Old October 20th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Any thoughts to "modernizing" the GUI for Realm Works?

I understand there is a lot to the software and the backend. I have played with it, and there is a lot there.

However, it feels like 1980's software. It does not have any kind of a modern look or feel to it.

Something like Microsoft OneNote or perhaps Evernote in presentation would be cool.

I may use the software to organize my campaign, but will likely not have my players access any of the information on it. I will likely just cut and paste it into something else -- even if it is PDFs - where I can improve the presentation.

Just some thoughts. . .
timjthomas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Realmworks' GUI is fairly up to date from what I have seen sir. Not sure what else you would like to see? If you want something that might server as a presentation type of software then yes you might want to use something else... but if you want a powerful database type of software with great management capabilities throughout then I might stick personally with Reamworks.

I would look at the images for Realmworks again if were you though.
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
timjthomas

Old October 29th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Realmworks' GUI is fairly up to date from what I have seen sir. Not sure what else you would like to see? If you want something that might server as a presentation type of software then yes you might want to use something else... but if you want a powerful database type of software with great management capabilities throughout then I might stick personally with Reamworks.

I would look at the images for Realmworks again if were you though.
I have it and have used it.
timjthomas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjthomas View Post
Something like Microsoft OneNote or perhaps Evernote in presentation would be cool.
I opened up OneNote 2010 and took a brief look at the initial UI. It seemed to me that Realm Works shares quite a few similarities in the UI. OneNote has a ribbon bar that is collapsed by default. Realm Works has a ribbon bar that is expanded by default. Both applications can toggle the ribbon bar collapse state. Realm Works has a pane on the left for overall items that cannot be collapsed. OneNote has a list of overall items on the left that starts out collapsed. There is a central area for content in both applications. There are clickable links on the right in both applications.

So it seems that the overall GUI is very similar. Can you elaborate further and provide more concrete suggestions for improvement, please?
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I have to agree with David on this. OneNote is ribbon based and very similar in both appearance and the way it operates to RW.

I like the current GUI for Realmworks personally
Nikmal is offline   #5 Reply With Quote