Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pyremius

Old November 16th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Apologies in advance if this is possible - I'm not currently doing anything similar in-game so I have no good data for testing.

Would it be possible to allow snippets to be revealed without context?

In an investigative situation (Pathfinder) the players discover a snippet about a specific opponent - for example, they use Sneak Attack - and then later discover another snippet revealing the use of poison. If there is a thief and an alchemist involved, the snippets will show up in separate topics, whereas if there is only a thief working solo, the snippets would show up as part of the same topic.
pyremius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 16th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I've kind of talked about this before. The related issue is that, if the PCs discover a "clue" without knowing what topic it pertains to, you can't reveal it until the main topic is revealed.

One thing I have experimented with is a "Random Information" topic type. It is a stand-alone topic with a simple structure. It is referenced by where it can be obtained (from a place, or a person, for example), and it references who or what it is about. Being in its own topic means it can be revealed as its own thing. That some are true clues, and others are "red herrings", is also possible.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote