Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

MarcelGM

Old August 10th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Hey all,
the Bestiary has these ability/trait adjustments to turn a creature into an lich, ghost and some other undead using what used to be considered a PF1 Template

What is the easiest way of doing this in HLO? I dont think all ability adjustments exist as a templated thing that can be dropped onto an NPC right?

is the path to get to Lich for example to create an wizard and then go into Customize>Permanent Adjustments and start putting together the abilities and traits specified under the monster entry in the Bestiary?

first time attempting this, thanks
MarcelGM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2020, 01:00 PM
The problem is that the rules they've given for these are much more vague than PF1's template rules - they require a lot more GM interpretation to apply. So I'd load the base creature, and then use the Customize Ancestry tab to modify things and add the new abilities. Note that full monster customization in PF2 will require the Gamemastery Guide, since that's the book Paizo published their monster creation rules in, and the "templates" in the bestiaries tend to reference those rules, like saying to set the Paralyzing Touch DC on the lich at the Spell DC -4, without publishing the spell DC by level table in the Bestiary.

Last edited by Mathias; August 10th, 2020 at 01:02 PM.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MarcelGM

Old August 10th, 2020, 03:29 PM
I see. I haven't dug into the monster creation rules of the GMG as of yet.

For this lich big bad I did make a 14th level sorcerer and gave it the undead trait. Will throw in a few minions and should be good to go.
I'll probably just keep track of the resistances and whatever lich optional attack outside of HLO.

thanks
MarcelGM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote