Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Silver12

Old October 13th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Haven't been able to reproduce this yet. Just to make sure - did you remember to set the source selector to "Transformation feat" instead of "Alteration Sphere (self)"?
Actually, I think I might have mixed up some of the book text - I was expecting 2 traits at character level 5, as the Alteration sphere allows. But looking at the feat text again, it does say "one trait per 5 levels", as opposed to 1 + 1 per 5 as the Sphere.

Oops!
Silver12 is offline   #491 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:19 AM
When I select the shape focus energy blade drawback, it does not allow energy blade to be selected on the Destruction tab as a valid shape. I have also tried it with other shapes and they also have the same issue. It turns the shape focus black on the drawback under sphere abilities but the shape remains red and throws warnings on the Destruction tab.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #492 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:27 PM
With Armorist, do I need to add the enchantment bonuses to bound or summoned equipment manually from the adjustment tab?
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #493 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadPhoenix View Post
When I select the shape focus energy blade drawback, it does not allow energy blade to be selected on the Destruction tab as a valid shape. I have also tried it with other shapes and they also have the same issue. It turns the shape focus black on the drawback under sphere abilities but the shape remains red and throws warnings on the Destruction tab.
I have a fix for this in my current build, and it will be out with the next update.
TheIronGolem is offline   #494 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:43 PM
Quote:
With Armorist, do I need to add the enchantment bonuses to bound or summoned equipment manually from the adjustment tab?
From the FAQ:
Quote:
I have an Armorist. How do I make Bound or Summoned Equipment?
Any Armorist (well, technically any character that has either Bound Equipment or Summoned Equipment as a class ability) should get a new tab called "Bound/Summoned Equipment". On this tab, you can designate items as Bound or Summoned equipment. Items so designated will receive the following benefits: they'll be marked as masterwork items (if they weren't already), they'll be marked as "free" so that they don't count against your character's total wealth, they'll have their weight set to zero if not equipped (because we assume the item is either being used by someone else or simply not currently manifested), and will be findable by any other special abilities that interact with Bound or Summoned gear (such as the Warden archetype's Deadly Guardian ability).

I picked a Bound/Summoned item from the menu, but the selector doesn't show my weapon/armor/shield/staff.
When you first purchase an item that will be Bound or Summoned gear, make sure to select it as a Custom Item (under the top heading on the tab labeled "Magic, Custom & Masterwork Weapons/Armor". Those items can be customized, and that is what the tab looks for.
TheIronGolem is offline   #495 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
From the FAQ:
But, the enhancement bonus on the armor or weapons themselves received from being bound or summoned will have to be added via the adjust tab, yes?
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #496 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 23rd, 2017, 03:06 PM
Quote:
But, the enhancement bonus on the armor or weapons themselves received from being bound or summoned will have to be added via the adjust tab, yes?
I don't see why you would need to do it that way. If you add the item as a "custom/magic weapon/armor" (which is the first item in the table for custom items), you can set the enhancement bonus in the resulting popup window, as well as add item powers.

That said, using an adjustment might still be useful if you have cause to frequently change the enhancement because of other magical effects or whatnot. Perhaps I'm missing something in your question?
TheIronGolem is offline   #497 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old October 23rd, 2017, 04:04 PM
Quote:
I don't see why you would need to do it that way. If you add the item as a "custom/magic weapon/armor" (which is the first item in the table for custom items), you can set the enhancement bonus in the resulting popup window, as well as add item powers.

That said, using an adjustment might still be useful if you have cause to frequently change the enhancement because of other magical effects or whatnot. Perhaps I'm missing something in your question?
Yeah, I guess I'm thinking about places where I might summon different weapons and it would just be a drop down to change which weapon the enhancement applies to and also easier when I go up a level, I guess.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #498 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 23rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I guess I'm thinking about places where I might summon different weapons and it would just be a drop down to change which weapon the enhancement applies to and also easier when I go up a level, I guess.
Ah, I think I see what you're getting at. You're not wrong in that it would be nice to be able to manage that stuff from the ability tab. And technically I guess I could make it so that you could set the enhancement bonus from there (I think so anyway, haven't tried). But you'd still have to edit the weapon itself in order to set item powers, because those have to be bootstrapped to the item which can't be done from a character ability. And I don't see a lot of value in doing it halfway, where you can set the enhancement from the tab but still need to go to the weapon to change its powers - especially since trading off between enhancements and powers is a big part of this ability.

For what it's worth, Paladins and Magi have similar bring-your-own-magic-weapon abilities, and they have to edit them on the weapons tab too.
TheIronGolem is offline   #499 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old October 25th, 2017, 06:14 AM
Is the Alteration sphere supposed to have a bonus talent when you take it? I didn't think so but I was wondering if I had missed an errata or something.
GreyLurker is offline   #500 Reply With Quote