Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Thrantor

Old April 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I've got a Cleric 4 of Sarenrae and he's got the Glory domain. The problem is that the Touch of Glory ability shows as an expendable resource but doesn't have it's description anywhere on the sheet.

So, I can scratch off my uses per day but have no idea what it does.

I can post a portfolio if needed.

Edit: This is still a problem in 6.16 Pathfinder with 4.0a Hero Labs.

Last edited by Thrantor; May 8th, 2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Bug update.
Thrantor is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Doskious

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:47 PM
More Wordcaster nitpickery! (Seriously tho, thanks for fixing the Sorc Custom Wordspell scrolling issue!)

Continuing with Sorcerer Wordcasters, while their bloodline spells are properly displayed in the dashboard mouse-over list of spells available to be cast, these bloodline spells are *not* listed in the actual spells tab for the character, on the Sorcerer tab for the character, on the Specials tab individually, in a group, or in a tooltip, or as far as I can determine anywhere else, including in the descriptions of the various bloodlines. While I recognize that coding an entire alternate spellcasting system must be frustrating and fraught, it *would* be nice if those bloodline spells could be made to show up on the Spells tab for tidier tracking and reference.

On another note, in the dashboard mouse-over spell list, as well as in the character sheet spell list output, the Words Known as well as the custom-built favorite Wordspells are being printed as spells of their requisite levels. For example, in addition to knowing the custom-built favorite wordspell "Detect Magic" (Cone targeted Sense Magic), my Sorcerer is also shown as knowing "Sense Magic". Similarly, in addition to knowing "Distant Selected Shock Arc" as a custom-constructed Favorite Wordspell, she also is listed as knowing the "Distant" cantrip meta-word and the "Shock Arc" 1st level word.

Having the bloodline spells shown is great (they're displayed somewhere, which is awesome), but having the component Words display as actual spells is both unnecessary and potentially confusing, as in order to use "Shock Arc" I need some sort of targeting word. (Targeting words are not listed in the spells known mouse-over tooltip or on the printed character sheet that I have been able to determine.)

I have to assume that this is due to the fact that, based on how WoP are learned and then constructed, the building-block Words are flagged as Spells for the purpose of ease-of-implementation into the existing Sorc Spell selection code... Which makes perfect sense. Would it be possible to add an additional tag to spells that governs whether the spell is displayed in the Dashboard Spells Known mouse-over and the Spells tab? (I'm thinking that such a tag could have values of "spell" and "word", where it would default to "spell" for all non-wordspells, thereby ensuring that the bloodline spells show up, but to "word" for building block Words, and then automatically to "spell" for constructed Favorite Wordspells? Then these tag values could be used to provide character sheet functionality to print out a separate block listing all known Words, which could be useful for prepared Wordcasters who don't use the favorite Wordspells list for all of their Wordspells... Additionally, it would provide robust support for the potential for 3rd party or houserule implementations of casters that use both Wordspells and standard spells.)

My reasoning is that in the absence of any provided functionality for easy access to targeting words (this is only available when favorite wordspells are constructed), Wordcasters seem to be expected to rely on the Favorite Wordspells to define their end-use Wordspells within the program...

Of course, I may be entirely wrong in my estimation of how the program is written and what the tag entries on the spells are capable of being used for, in which case I apologize for the lengthy (and foolish) post.
Doskious is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Doskious

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:25 PM
One other comment re. Wordspells:

The favorite Wordspell creation widget is not displaying the correct calculation values in the right hand column for 3-effect-word wordspells:

Interestingly, in the test values I used, the Wordspells all calculated to the appropriate spell level based on the actual rules, it's just the values in the table that are displayed that are wrong. They should be like this:

Note, as far as I can determine, the values in the 3-word column can be derived by determining the effective level of any two of the three words in the 2-word column, then applying the remaining word to that effective level...

The incorrect values, however, were confusing at first when I started making a 1/1/1 spell...
Doskious is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What's the phase & priority you're trying this at?

Please be more specific about "doesn't appear to" - exactly what is it not doing.
It's just a direct copy of the +1 to DC script. So phase and priority is the same. However I interpreted the +1 to CL incorrectly as has already been highlighted elsewhere.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
urklore

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:51 AM
The druid archetype Ape Shaman does not allow the selecting of any animal companion without forcing rule breakage.
urklore is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Issue: Procedure "SizeChange"

The issue appears to be that when "SizeChange" changes the gear size correctly the Weight of the items for Weapons and Armor do not change. I just tried this out in my CORE data set and used the "Monstrous Physique II (Tiny)" spell mod for testing. And while everything is changing size the weight of armor and weapons are NOT changing.

I am not sure if the Procedure needs some additional code or if the Background/Skeletal scripts need to be changed/fixed to take into account weight changes when they item changes on the fly.

Steps to Produce:
1) Create a Human rogue level 1.
2) Give it Padded Armor weighs 10lb.
3) Activate the spell adjustment "Monstrous Physique II (Tiny)".
4) Everything changes size correctly but the weight for the Armor is still 10lbs even though its size tiny.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
redward

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM
If you add Throwing to a shield that is otherwise enhanced (e.g. shield spikes, bashing), the shield bash entry in the Weapons tab loses all enhancements and they show up in the throwing shield (where they are supposed to not apply).

For example:
A +1 Bashing Heavy Shield w/ Shield Spikes shows up in the weapon tab as:
Heavy Shield Bash 2d6+x

If I add Throwing to the item in the Armor tab, I get:
Heavy Shield Bash 1d4+x
Shield, Metal Throwing 3d6+y
redward is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I created a test fighter with a str of 12 and gave it a +1 mighty 1 composite longbow. The damage for the die lists as 1d8+1 not 1d8+2 as it should be. +1 for str + 1 for enhancement. I'd understand if they were both enhancement bonuses.

EDIT: This is now fixed in Pathfinder 6.16.

Last edited by Thrantor; May 8th, 2012 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Fixed in most recent version.
Thrantor is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old April 17th, 2012, 11:44 PM
The Vampire is missing from the Beastiray file.
Kaleb is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
The Vampire is missing from the Beastiray file.
Check to see if you have configured your hero to use the bestiary data first.
If you have then It's under the class section as a template.
Just type vampire in the search box or scroll the list until you see the template area.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #130 Reply With Quote