Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dropbear8mybaby

Old October 27th, 2016, 02:02 AM
This seems... problematic. Wave for instance includes the powers of several items as well as being sentient. I'm really not sure how to combine all those into one item.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mjolnirh

Old October 27th, 2016, 11:53 AM
take a look at how the Items, Staff of power, Staff of the magi etc. are built and go from there, or copy them and change what you need to. I did make a different Mage staff with different spells that way. should work for Wave, Whelm or blackrazor as well.
Mjolnirh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 27th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Pretty sure I did wave already due for release in the next update to the community pack.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 27th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Yup it's there. You can get it early from the github using the link in my signature.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old October 27th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnirh View Post
take a look at how the Items, Staff of power, Staff of the magi etc. are built and go from there, or copy them and change what you need to. I did make a different Mage staff with different spells that way. should work for Wave, Whelm or blackrazor as well.
I probably should've said sentient rather than legendary. The sentient items like Wave pose a few extra difficulties. Like including all the powers of a trident of fish command, cube of force, weapon of warning in the text entry makes it far too large an entry when printed out on a character sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Pretty sure I did wave already due for release in the next update to the community pack.
Cool. Curious to know if you just listed the items it mimics in its entry like it does in the DMG or if you included their powers? When printed out on the character sheet, not having the powers of the mimicked items in its own entry somewhat defeats the point of having it on a character sheet since you then have to look those items up when referencing the sheet. But including all the information means it gets cut off in the character sheet because apparently Hero Lab can't handle long columns.

I've tried making up special item entries that are minus some of the peculiarities of it not being the correct item (for instance, Wave has the powers of a cube of force but doesn't require pressing a particular side of the cube since it's part of the weapon itself) but that brings up awkwardness like having two extra tridents (one for weapon of warning, another for trident of fish command) included in weight and requiring a gizmo, etc.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 27th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Looking back at it. It's not going to do everything it needs to do. Bootstrapping the original weapons won't work. We could create special ability entries such as Wave (weapon of warning), bootstrap it into the weapon so that it appears on the special tab.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 27th, 2016, 02:02 PM
I have not even attempted the Legendary weapons btw. Absolutely no idea how to implement those with the major and minor beneficial properties.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old October 27th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
I have not even attempted the Legendary weapons btw. Absolutely no idea how to implement those with the major and minor beneficial properties.
Yeah, the artifacts and legendaries create a lot of weird problems in Hero Lab. I mainly have these sheets for players so as to minimise book-keeping at the table so my aim is to have the information for them on the sheets.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #8 Reply With Quote