Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

spsblue

Old March 4th, 2018, 03:16 AM
I have a player who wants to use the 3rd Party Oracle Mystery (Joy) and the Curse Merciful.

Mystery (Joy)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base...terprizes/joy/

Merciful
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas.../oracle-curses

I have tried to create these in a .user file using the editor, but either get an error message about "editor width" or it flat doesn't appear in the Mysteries selection box.

Here is the .user file. Could someone have a look at it please? It is probably a noob mistake.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IRg...ew?usp=sharing
spsblue is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
marikunin

Old October 5th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Ok um I want to use the Joy mystery in my game as well...
marikunin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 8th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsblue View Post
I have tried to create these in a .user file using the editor, but either get an error message about "editor width" or it flat doesn't appear in the Mysteries selection box.
This is an error/bug with Hero Lab's interface and the only way I've found around it is to restart Hero Lab. I grabbed your file and I see it in the list.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
marikunin

Old October 9th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Ok but I try to add the Joy Mystery to my Hero Lab thing and though it says it can work in the program it doesn't show up on my character editor...
marikunin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 9th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
Ok but I try to add the Joy Mystery to my Hero Lab thing and though it says it can work in the program it doesn't show up on my character editor...
They sourced marked the character to UserParent. This means to get this to display you have to turn on SOMETHING under the "User Content" section of the Configure Your Hero.

If you have the community pack installed turning on any option from the community pack will allow this new mystery to display. Otherwise I would recommend using the editor to simply remove the "Source" from all the Things in the file.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
marikunin

Old October 9th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know.
marikunin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AlgaeNymph

Old February 18th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Wow, good to see that there's just the right thread for me; I've the same problem too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
They sourced marked the character to UserParent. This means to get this to display you have to turn on SOMETHING under the "User Content" section of the Configure Your Hero.

If you have the community pack installed turning on any option from the community pack will allow this new mystery to display. Otherwise I would recommend using the editor to simply remove the "Source" from all the Things in the file.
First question: where is the community pack for the joy mystery? And how do I lead them in general? I'm new here, and asking someone is faster than RTFM.
AlgaeNymph is offline   #7 Reply With Quote