Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

blaster219

Old March 26th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I think I may have mentioned something like this a while back but I've been reminded of it since the introduction of the Library Tab.

Sometimes, when I'm building or editing a character, I'll discover that I need to move a power from one array to another (or maybe I'm adding an AP that's more expensive than the base and thus need to switch them around). If the power I'm working on is more than just a basic blast effect, it can be a little irritating to rebuild it from scratch.

What I'd like to see is a little button in the corner of a power edit screen (perhaps shaped like an open book) than when you click on it copies the power to the Library (may there could be an option in the Configure Hero screen to MOVE powers this way instead of copying them). The Library Tab could then be used as a temporary holding space for powers. To move it back, an option could be added to the top of the effect list that says "Add From Library..." or something similar which when selected, brings up I message box with a drop down list of Library powers to Move/Copy.

Conversely, something similar could be done to powers in the Library tab. An option in the effects list like "Add from Character..." and a button in the effects edit screen that sends the power to the character.

While I'm at it, an option in the Effects list to "Add Power From Other Character..." which brings up a list of powers in the current portfolio of characters may also prove useful in certain situations.
blaster219 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Yeah... this has been suggested many times. The base issue is that the way powers are stored and referenced makes it difficult to actually move the data for the power, as I understand it. All powers, minions, and such are tied directly into the character themselves and do not operate on their own. At worst, the sequence of actions needed to build a power might need to be stored and played back.

It is on the list for things that are hoped to make it into 3.7.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2011, 07:47 AM
This is something I'm hoping to get into 3.7, as Duggan posted. I'm not sure how it would interact with the Library yet; I'll need to do some more research and figure out what's possible with that.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote