Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Woodclaw

Old March 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
In my games I've implemented a House Rule according to which you count the highest between Defense and Deflect against the PL caps. I've tried a couple of times, but I wasn't able to implement it in Herolab. So I was hoping that someone more adept to the code can help me with it.
Woodclaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 19th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I believe the Deflect power already has a "limited to your maximum defense" rule, so you can't take more ranks of Deflect than you could in Defense. So if you have a PL 10 character with defense +10 and toughness +8, you should be able to take Deflect 12. Does that make sense?

If not, can you describe exactly what rule you're trying to implement? E.g. "X ranks of deflect and Y of toughness is OK, A ranks of deflect and B ranks of toughness not OK"?
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old March 20th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I've experimented a little and under the current system it doesn't work that way.

With NPCs the rank is simply ignored.

With PCs the system idenitfy a Validation error, aparently signaling that the number of ranks is greater than allowed. The result with a standard PL10 PC looks like the following:
  • Toughness +8, Defense +0, Deflect 12 = Too many ranks, Deflect limited to 6 ranks by power level
  • Toughness +8, Defense +2, Deflect 12 = Too many ranks, Deflect limited to 7 ranks by power level
  • Toughness +8, Defense +4, Deflect 12 = Too many ranks, Deflect limited to 8 ranks by power level
  • Toughness +8, Defense +6, Deflect 12 = Too many ranks, Deflect limited to 9 ranks by power level
  • Toughness +8, Defense +9, Deflect 12 = Too many ranks, Deflect limited to 10 ranks by power level
  • Toughness +8, Defense +11, Deflect 12 = Too many ranks, Deflect limited to 11 ranks by power level
Woodclaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hmmm - that sounds like a bug in the power levels calculation. I'll put this on my to-do list for once we get back from the trade show this week. Thanks for flagging this for my attention.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hmmm - that sounds like a bug in the power levels calculation. I'll put this on my to-do list for once we get back from the trade show this week. Thanks for flagging this for my attention.
You're welcome, and have a nice trip.
Woodclaw is offline   #5 Reply With Quote