Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Grey Mage

Old March 7th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Just wondering if we can get some sort of feedback as to what Paizo's announcement about PF 2nd edition will mean for RW?
Grey Mage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dachda

Old March 7th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Would it effect anything? If the issue is a way for Paizo to verify RW users already have a Paizo pdf before buying on the content market, does it matter what version of Pathfinder the product is? Plus if they follow their playtest method from 2008, it will be 2-3 years before they switch to Pathfinder 2e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
Just wondering if we can get some sort of feedback as to what Paizo's announcement about PF 2nd edition will mean for RW?
dachda is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old March 7th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Playtest starts in August 2018. New rule set August 2019

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old March 7th, 2018, 06:41 PM
It means that the Pathfinder content market items won't sell anywhere near as well as they would have before this announcement. I know I will be buying less, only Adventure Path content that I haven't run. Will be skipping core/bestiaries/etc.
Toblakai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:24 PM
RW is a system-neutral product. I will still be buying Pathfinder (1e) materials, because not only will 1e still be played, but the adventure content will still be usable in other systems.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Realm Works makes it so easy to update an adventure that it's bound to still be useful. I just updated a 2e module in a few hours. Just put in the 5e version of monsters instead of the provided ones and re-scanned.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Realm Works makes it so easy to update an adventure that it's bound to still be useful. I just updated a 2e module in a few hours. Just put in the 5e version of monsters instead of the provided ones and re-scanned.
This. I converted Village of Hommlet from the 1st ed version I own to PF with ease. It was simply a matter of entering all the story and settings material as is and then converting the rules stuff. If WotC was to ever decide to partner with LWD getting all the classic modules converted to 5e would be ridiculously easy. I could see converting Temple of Elemental Evil, Against the Giants and
Descent into the Depths made into a sort of classic AP.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 9th, 2018, 05:46 AM
I thought Goodman Games had a license to do conversions and reprints of classic modules - I know B1 & B2 (Into the Unknown/Keep on the Borderlands) were supposed to come out soon, maybe they'll do more.

I'd pay good for a real conversion or successor to T1-4 and even the sequel from 3e though.
dungeonguru is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old March 9th, 2018, 03:42 PM
I feel old every time I see that signature where you define yourself as a certified old coot because you have DM'd since the 84 Red Box.

I still have my brown wood grain box from Jan 74 so what does that make me? A certified dinosaur?
Gord is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old March 9th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Gord,

I started in 1974 also... and yes, we are venerable if not ancient in game terms. However, it also means we get a discount at the movie theaters...
Grey Mage is offline   #10 Reply With Quote