Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old November 19th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save-vs-DM View Post
50 Fathoms and Deadlands Noir won't mark themselves as download completed. I keep downloading and importing them, but that exclamation mark never goes away.
I can't figure out how to fix that. You can just ignore it since you're downloading the latest version, so no need to keep "updating" what is the same thing. Maybe it's something LoneWolf can figure out on their end.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 19th, 2015, 10:29 PM
On the Attribute Bonus error message, I'll fix that. I got a little over-zealous.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 20th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Regarding the updates not turning off, I do not know how useful it will be, but maybe you can delete your files for the offending data sets through the Third Party manager thing Tools -> Manage Third Party Updates. Then close Hero Lab, open it again so that it compiles without them, close and then reload Hero Lab again, and then add them again? In the past when I have had weird issues I have had it work after removing the offending part and then opening it again.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old November 20th, 2015, 07:13 PM
That worked. Thanks!
EricaOdd is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 21st, 2015, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that method. Although why it's not working right without having to do that I'm not quite sure. If anyone figures out the problem and it's something I can fix on my end please do let me know.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:32 AM
When I tried that suggestion, and the box came up with all of my 3rd-party stuff in it, Deadlands Noir and 50 Fathoms were listed twice. I deleted both instances, re-opened HeroLab, re-downloaded them, and that worked.

Not sure if that info is helpful in tracking down the cause.
EricaOdd is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:22 AM
I think it is just that somewhere the compilation gets screwed up. It is not something that we can fix in a data file, but how Hero Lab processes the data files. In this case we are doing an update and there is an error somewhere in it, I guess where it marks which version it is. Good to know, but since I do not have the code for how HL is processing it I cannot give a suggestion. It is a bug but at least it has an easy, although inconvenient, way to fix it.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaOdd View Post
When I tried that suggestion, and the box came up with all of my 3rd-party stuff in it, Deadlands Noir and 50 Fathoms were listed twice. I deleted both instances, re-opened HeroLab, re-downloaded them, and that worked.
I had the same issue.

Noir was versions v3.5 and v3.3 and 50 Fathoms was versions v1.5 and v1.4.

Working okay now except for when the High Space files are in with all the rest of the third party data files.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:24 PM
As I noted in my post to Zarlor elsewhere, I'm getting some errors like this:

Thing 'edgArmSkin', with condition test currently set at Initialize/10000 and its earliest possible resolution at Initialize/2100 bootstraps thing 'armNatural' which must have its livestate resolved by Initialize/2000

Neither he nor I have any idea how to even go about fixing that. Anyone from LW who sees this care to weigh in?
Paragon is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 23rd, 2015, 07:37 PM
I just tried making it as a weapon one as recommended to you. It worked.

SeeleyOne is offline   #130 Reply With Quote