Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

blsmith71
Banned

Old September 24th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Has anyone successfully run Hero Lab on a new Asus Transformer T100TA-B1-GR? It uses Windows 8.1 332-Bit, which should be fine according to the Lone Wolf specs. I'm thinking of buying one this week.

Processor
Intel® Bay Trail-T Quad Core Z3740 1.33 GHz Processor
Intel® Bay Trail-T Quad Core Z3735 1.46 GHz Processor

Operating System Windows 8.1 32-Bit

32GB eMMC

Display
Screen Size 10.1"
Touchscreen Yes
LCD Features LED MultiTouch screen
Resolution 1366 x 768
blsmith71 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 24th, 2014, 11:15 AM
It will run fine, possibly a bit slow, LWD can correct if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure HL is not multi-threaded so the bay trail CPU is the weak link of such endeavors. You only see what benefit Core0 offers, meaning less core with higher speeds are better.

If your also using Paizo PDFs you may find them pokey and jittery (if thats a word) at best, even their light versions are heavy on the CPU, and again thats a single threaded app so a million cores does help any more than one.

The only issue is the resolution may make HL less then perfect, 1080p on the 10inch would be a bit nicer.

Having said that, the lower res is what makes the device's very attractive low cost.
Exmortis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 24th, 2014, 11:19 AM
OH from a pure HL on tablet perspective? You will want to use the pen alot, HL with so much on screen liek tabs etc can be a bit hard to use touch, well it is for my big fingers anyway, so the pen is a handy dandy option, but you may want to invest in a bluetooth mouse if the device has bluetooth (I assume it does).

Trust me on that, I bought one just for use with HL on my tablet.
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Agreed on the touch aspect. When I'm using RDesktop from my 10" Xoom tablet, i don't leave the mouse in 'touch' mode, and instead switch to trackpad mode. This allows me to move the mouse cursor by using the tablet's touch screen as a trackpad. Much nicer that way. HL's main UI is not all that touch friendly.
Fuzzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:02 AM
I've been using it on my Transformer just fine, though I normally use the trackpad or an attached mouse to create and update characters. (I don't use HL at the table.)

I do like answering dialogs by poking at them, though. :)

Last edited by Parody; October 2nd, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mjk333

Old November 30th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I do use HL on my Transformer at the table. It IS occassionally a bit slow to switch tabs.
HeroLab's desktop user interface is extremely non-touch friendly. I stick with using the keyboard attached, and a mouse in the USB slot. The battery life is excellent, with no problems getting through a 4-6 hour session.
mjk333 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote