Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old November 2nd, 2016, 06:20 PM
Is anyone running a game (or know anyone planning to) using RealmWorks at Con of the North (Twin Cities, Minnesota) this year? I would love to be a player in a game to see how other DMs use RW to run games and experience from the other side of the DM's laptop.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 2nd, 2016, 06:44 PM
Are there that many attendees on the forum? :)

While I may use it to help dust off my Paranoia adventure for the year (currently RW crashes sometimes if I add names to a Topic/Article, which got me frustrated enough to stop messing with it again) I don't use it onsite. One less thing to worry about.

I don't believe any of the other GMs I know own RW (most probably don't know it exists!) but I can ask around.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 3rd, 2016, 07:24 AM
I will be there with my TV Screen set up and I will be using Realm Works while there but I use the Fantasy Grounds VTT to display the maps and such though while on the screen. But to run the actual adventure I use Realm Works and FG just for the display

Edit: I will be in the D&D Adventurers League Room running DDAL all weekend
please feel free to come visit.. join in playing and or hit m up for questions if you like.

p.s I am also a BETA tester too. I have tons of information/data entered into several realms over the years for Realm Works

Last edited by Nikmal; November 3rd, 2016 at 07:27 AM.
Nikmal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hawkwood

Old November 4th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Wow, 3 more backers in the MSP area I'm not currently using RW until I can export my campaigns. I'm running 2 groups and I don't want to have to put the info in twice. I've found that Fantasy Grounds works well currently for what I'm doing and use it at the table.
Hawkwood is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 4th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Fantasy grounds is awesome. Nice not to be the only fan here
Bidmaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 5th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Wow, 3 more backers in the MSP area I'm not currently using RW until I can export my campaigns. I'm running 2 groups and I don't want to have to put the info in twice. I've found that Fantasy Grounds works well currently for what I'm doing and use it at the table.
Export is finally coming soon. With XML, including an XMD file, the community will be able to develop tools to do all kinds of cools stuff, including formatting with CSS for printing. So, almost there.

MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 5th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I might by FG to run published WoTC adventure paths. I have Curse of Straud and Storm Kings Thunder that I'm hoping to run someday. It would be nice to have everything in one place.

But I'm currently running a campaign in a custom-designed room, with many of the adventures written from scratch, and some modified from other published sources. For world building and campaign management, I've found nothing comes close.

I don't think I would use both FG and RW at the same time to run a game...seems like too much work. I'm thinking RW for much homebrew and FG for published WoTC.

MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
adeaver

Old November 8th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I just ran 6 AL mods for CarnageCon using Realmworks over the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't have time to import *everything* into RW but I got a good bit of it in.

Everyone loved it. I need to spend more time getting modules content in then I might start using it to run AL games during the week.
adeaver is offline   #8 Reply With Quote