Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Z-Man

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I've had the same issues when trying to create the wizard character. I've attached a jpeg image of the error. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wizard Error.jpg (30.5 KB, 13 views)
Z-Man is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Hero Lab doesn't use .NET stuff at all - not in any way shape or form. So it shouldn't matter which version of the .NET runtime you have.

There are two separate issues here - one is the "spellbook spells appearing in the wrong order", which I've now fixed in our development builds, and one is the "Hero Lab crashes when I try to choose a wizard spell", which is unrelated.

This morning I worked out the error that was causing the wizard spells to crash - it was a weird timing issue, which meant it was very hard to diagnose. However, we now have a solution, and it will be fixed in the next Hero Lab bugfix update.

Thanks for everyone's help tracking this down!
Colen is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old September 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks, Colen.
enrious is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Tarthalion

Old September 16th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Woohoo!!!!
Tarthalion is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old September 16th, 2009, 06:20 AM
By the way, as someone new to HeroLabs, approximately how often are bug fixes released?

No biggie as I can make do (only running a 1st lvl wizard at the moment), but just curious.
enrious is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
That depends quite a lot on the importance of the release and what else is going on. For example, a minor bug fix will have to wait until there's a critical mass of other changes. A crash bug is ideally fixed as quickly as possible. If a new version of the overall program needs to be released, every game system needs to be updated anyway, so their bugfixes will be released at that point.

For the Pathfinder files, I'm working as fast as I can to get the remainder of the information added, so I've been trying to release everything I get finished at the end of each week. Of course that could vary if I'm in the middle of a project and need another day or two to avoid a half-finished section.
Mathias is online now   #26 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old September 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Today's update fixed this for me. Thanks a bunch guys.
enrious is offline   #27 Reply With Quote