Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aellonaeron

Old April 20th, 2024, 11:16 PM
So, I'm creating a custom class that a friend of mine really wants to play, but I'm running into a single issue, which should be easy I think, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

I added spells known, and gave them 3 0th level spells known at level 1, then up to 9 at level 20.
In the spells cast per level I left the level 0 column empty and clicked the 'cast infinite level 0" option.

But when I load the class, for level 0 it says 'any' but no number for spells known, and as soon as i select a single 0th level spell to learn, it says 'Excess level 0 spells'

Is there a toggle I'm missing somewhere?
Aellonaeron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 21st, 2024, 11:47 PM
This is a spontaneous caster right, like a Bard or Sorcerer? You have Spells Known AND Spells per day.
How many 0th level spells can they prepare each day? In Pathfinder infinite cast of 0th level is normal, but you still need to select the number they can prepare each day and then cast any time they want. If you put zero in that first field, you are basically saying they can't cast 0th spells, even though they know some.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aellonaeron

Old April 22nd, 2024, 12:49 AM
Yeah, it's a spontaneous caster. I checked the both the bard and the oracle, in both the number of spells per day column is empty, so i did the same.

What is the issue however isn't the casting, it's the spells known part where things are wonky. I set 0th level spells known to 4 at first level, but when I make a character, it will not allow me to choose spells known.
Aellonaeron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 22nd, 2024, 11:49 PM
Sorry, I may have misunderstood, but I see numbers in the first column under 0 spells on both a custom caster class I made previously, and Bardtest copy I've just created. It also doesn't match the tutorial on Spellcasters.
So lets start again... Can you choose the other spell levels correctly? Is this ONLY level 0 spells that don't work?
Can you post your user file for the class so that people can look at it to check what's happening.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote