Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Gladiator66

Old December 6th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I have been able to use "Hide.Weapon" and "Hide.Language" to hide bootstrapped weapons and languages, respectively. However, I have not been successful in my efforts to hide bootstrapped creature types and type tags.

Is there a way to do this? I was able to add a "Hide.TypeTag" tag to the bootstrapped types and type tags. However, the types and type tags still show up on the hero. I was not able to add a "Hide.Type" tag. Thanks.

Playing since the J. Eric Holmes original Basic set in 1977.
Gladiator66 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old December 7th, 2017, 04:13 AM
I think they'll always show up in the HL race tab since they are the original state that you're applying a template over. What you'll notice is that if you loop through the TypeTags and apply Hide.TypeTag it will remove it from the printout and other outputs. I don't think you can totally remove those from the HL "edit mode" you are in.

Edit (further thoughts): I think that the OverType tag that templates push was originally supposed to work like the abReplace tags - which turn off abilities that have a bootstrap condition looking for the tag (some of the tiefling variants have this). At one point the rumor was that Templates weren't fully implemented - not sure if that's still the case but it might be worth putting a HL bug report in asking for clarification. But, if you were willing to touch every creature to add a bootstrap condition to the type and typetag bootstrapped items by looking for a specific tag, the Race tab would work like you wanted it to.

Last edited by dungeonguru; December 7th, 2017 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Added thought
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gladiator66

Old December 7th, 2017, 05:50 PM
I was able to add the bootstrap condition to the type tab bootstrapped item and stop it from appearing on the race tab. The priority was at the default 10000 in this case.

However, there are timing problems with the type bootstrapped item. With the priority at 10000, I get the following error (using a goblin as an example):

Thing 'rGoblin' - Condition phase/priority (First/10000) for bootstrap thing 'tpHumanoid' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/525).

If I lower the priority to 500, I get a warning that a timing error was identified. It will finish compiling in this case, but the type still shows up on the race tab.

It is interesting that the XML codes shows that at 525, the "Component Type: Activate Overriden Type" script runs, and at 550, the "Component Type: Activate Normal Type" script runs. This is verification that there was supposed to be a Override Type tag at one time, as mentioned by dungeonguru.

Playing since the J. Eric Holmes original Basic set in 1977.
Gladiator66 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote