Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CliffR

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm trying to add the Low Life savage setting into herolab and I've run into some problems I was hoping to find help with:

First: How can I remove humans from the race choices?

Second: Boduls have an ability that lets them take any number of Background Edges as long as they buy them off with hinderances, but I don't know how to make the ability disable the usual Savage Worlds limit on the number of hinderances that can be taken. How can I do this?
CliffR is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffR View Post
First: How can I remove humans from the race choices?
Go to the "Preclude" tab within the Editor. Add a new entry. Specify the human race by its unique id (racHuman). Specify the id you've assigned to the Low Life setting as the "source id". After that, humans should disappear when the user selects the Low Life setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffR View Post
Second: Boduls have an ability that lets them take any number of Background Edges as long as they buy them off with hinderances, but I don't know how to make the ability disable the usual Savage Worlds limit on the number of hinderances that can be taken. How can I do this?
The number of hindrances is controlled via a resource, but the distinction between major and minor hindrances is handled a bit differently from normal resources. You can set the maximum number of hindrances to a silly value as part of the Boduls race implementation, but you'll need to do it specially.

The actual validation test is performed via the "valHinders" thing, which is derived from the "Simple" component set and can therefore be looked at via the "Simple" tab in the Editor. There is a single Eval Rule for this thing, which sets the maximum number of hindrances based on the number of "Hero.HindMajor" and "Hero.HindMinor" tags on the hero.

So the simplest solution here is to just add a bunch of those tags to the hero when the race is selected. This is achieved by adding an Eval Script to the race that performs the operation. The timing can be pretty much anything you want, since it simply needs to be done prior to the Validate phase, which is close to last. I recommend doing this at a timing of something like Effects/5000. The actual script code would look like below.

Code:
var i as number
for i = 1 to 20
    perform hero.assign[Hero.HindMajor]
    perform hero.assign[Hero.HindMinor]
    next
Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CliffR

Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Thank you very much.
CliffR is offline   #3 Reply With Quote