Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Adept

Old January 26th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I've recently upgraded to AB3, and last night purchased a licence over the internet. When I went to activate my licence, my copy of AB3 got to the last stage (having entered the licence code, my name, email and postcode) and AB asked me to establish an internet connection.

I did this (I am on dial-up) and hit next.

I got the following message:

"An unexpected error occured during the processing of your licence. This often occurs when the internet connection is not properly established, or the Lone Wolf Development server is not currently reachable. Please re-check your internet connection and attempt to access your licence again in a little while. If the problem persists for an extended period, please contact Lone Wolf Development at support@wolflair.com for further assistance"

Now, I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with either my connection or the Wolflair site, and the error message flashes up almost immediately rather than waiting for 30-60 seconds like it should. This leads me to believe that for some reason my copy of AB3 is not recognising my internet connection.

I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this!

EDIT: I've tried this with my firewall and pop-up blockers turned off, and I've added AB to exception lists for both, but with no success. Are there any other programs that would prevent AB from connecting?
Adept is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2007, 01:25 AM
At 11:56 PM 1/26/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I've recently upgraded to AB3, and last night purchased a licence over the internet. When I went to activate my licence, my copy of AB3 got to the last stage (having entered the licence code, my name, email and postcode) and AB asked me to establish an internet connection.

I did this (I am on dial-up) and hit next.

I got the following message:

"An unexpected error occured during the processing of your licence. This often occurs when the internet connection is not properly established, or the Lone Wolf Development server is not currently reachable. Please re-check your internet connection and attempt to access your licence again in a little while. If the problem persists for an extended period, please contact Lone Wolf Development at support@wolflair.com (support@wolflair.com) for further assistance"

Now, I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with either my connection or the Wolflair site, and the error message flashes up almost immediately rather than waiting for 30-60 seconds like it should. This leads me to believe that for some reason my copy of AB3 is not recognising my internet connection.

I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this!
This error almost certainly means that you've got some sort of security tool blocking AB's ability to access the internet successfully. It could be Windows Firewall or possibly some other tool. You'll need to identify the tool and configure it to allow AB to get through to the internet. Once you do that, everything should run fine.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Adept

Old January 31st, 2007, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
This error almost certainly means that you've got some sort of security tool blocking AB's ability to access the internet successfully. It could be Windows Firewall or possibly some other tool. You'll need to identify the tool and configure it to allow AB to get through to the internet. Once you do that, everything should run fine.

-Rob
Thanks for the reply, Rob.

Unfortunately, I've tied connecting with my Firewall disabled, and with AB added to exception lists for both Firewall and Firefox pop-up blocker, with no success.

Is there any way I could find out what program is blocking AB? I'm afraid I'm rather computer illiterate, and I am rather stumped.
Adept is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2007, 08:08 PM
At 04:39 AM 1/31/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I've tied connecting with my Firewall disabled, and with AB added to exception lists for both Firewall and Firefox pop-up blocker, with no success.

Is there any way I could find out what program is blocking AB? I'm afraid I'm rather computer illiterate, and I am rather stumped.
Sorry for taking so long to respond. As I mentioned in another thread, I've been flat on my back for a week with this nasty flu bug that's going around.

If I made any attempt to answer this question, I'd be clearly demonstrating how LITTLE I know about the myriad security tools and their settings. I know there are a few folks that frequent this forum who have some competence in this area, though. Can any of you guys offer some ideas?

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote