Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cybermancer

Old May 29th, 2016, 07:02 PM
I play Pathfinder with the iPad app. One of my biggest complaints is that when rolling to attack it doesn't make it obvious if I rolled a natural 20. This wasn't a huge deal when my character was lower level, but now at higher level with multiple attacks I am always afraid I am going to miss a critical.

I have a physical dice that lights up when it rolls a 20, so clearly I'm not the first one that thought of this, but I can't find a way to make a natural 20 change colors or something to show me that it was a critical threat. Am I missing something, or is this obvious feature just missing?
Cybermancer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old May 30th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Please submit this as a bug report. I have, and the more we get, the better the chance of having it changed. If you use the iPad app and you've noticed this anomaly as well, please copy/paste the next two paragraphs into a bug report! Thanks!

I'm requesting visual confirmation when a Nat20 or Nat1 is rolled. My preference would be a change to the background color of the roll panel since that will make it very obvious. They are both important, Nat20 and Nat1, for attack rolls and saving throws. For opposed rolls and skill checks, they are not automatic success and automatic failure, so those don't need to be visually highlighted (but if they are, that wouldn't be a bad thing).

The other thing that's missing is a way to tell that you've even rolled! There's no way to know, if you tap the Roll Again button, whether it actually rolled or not!? It's possible that the iPad didn't notice the tap or that it did but produced the same result. If there were a log of prior results -- even if that log was only since the panel had been opened -- that would be sufficient.

Last edited by Azhrei; May 31st, 2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo fixed
Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cybermancer

Old May 31st, 2016, 11:41 AM
Done. Thanks.
Cybermancer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old May 31st, 2016, 02:24 PM
Heh, I didn't expect a confirmation. But thank you, regardless!
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote