Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LeeSmith

Old January 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I have 4 manuals called:
Enclyclopedia Magica

They have all sorts of magical items in it, Rings, Wands, Weapons, Armor etc...

My question is this:
Under what heading should I make this? Wondrous? I want to enter ALL of the items in 1 file.

A little guidence would be much appreaciated.

Thanks
MadCartographer
LeeSmith is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Each of those categories has its own tab in the editor. There's nothing to prevent you from adding an unlimited number of entries to the same editor file, no matter what tab they're created on.

If I were doing this, I'd break them up somehow, rather than having to enter thousands of things in one file (if these are the old 2ED Encyclopedia Magica books I remember that collated every magic item printed for 2ED to that point). That just gets unwieldy, and it'd be very hard to find a specific item when you wanted to fix an error you noticed later.

Placing the items that belong in a single editor tab into a single file would be my suggestion. Perhaps even breaking each item type into alphabetical groups, according to the book it came from.

The other benefit of doing it this way is that you can see reasonable progress as you work. Instead of seeing that you're 10 pages into the 500(?) pages of all the tomes, in the same time you could be through all the rings from A-E (I'm just making up numbers and ranges off the top of my head). Seeing definable steps in my progress helps me keep going on a large project.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
LeeSmith

Old January 5th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Thank you very much, you have given me much to think about in my approach to this project.

MadCartographer
LeeSmith is offline   #3 Reply With Quote