Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SAbel

Old July 17th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Okay I have the basic skills working but there is some game material that is not included that needs to be added but I am not sure how to. The basic skill needs to have some areas defined for the game that would be:
Skills are in catagories according how they are judged aka some skills are considered High; worthy of upper class (aka samurai or higher) some are low; and should not be used by upper class people. The catagory break down for skills are : Bugei, High, Low.

Skills have subtypes they really only put related skills in groups together.

Next Skills are general but inside of some are specifics or specialties called Emphasis (the cost to add these are 2cp for the first, 4 for the 2nd, 8 for the 3rd ect) a player needs to be able to pick from the groups for each skill at creation and then also may add them later on (very rare but some emphasis are give from the school of a character). Emphasis also allow a character to add the skill rank to the total of the dice for calculating skill roles.

Master Abilities give the character bonus depending on the rank (level or rating) of the skill, these abilities effect points given to determine character insight score (which is how Rank of character or Lvl is figured) some give the character special helps for using the skill. These would be nice to only appear after the skills rank equals them.

Some skills give the character honor loss for using them so that is a warning that could be in the description and I do not think would need to be in the "programming" areas (I think)

Finally a skill can not be raised higher than 2 ranks above its starting level, after that it may be ranked up as fast as the player/GM wish. This is a small rule for character creation but I can think a a few problems it will cause. 1. The character is give a starting group of skills from the school of choice (most rank 1 a very few rank 2) so any other skill are caped at creation either between Ranks 2 - 4 max for starting or lower. After creation the limit/govenor should be lifted.

I am including 1st a skill in its basic form then info that would be need for that skill that I am not sure were to start at.

<thing
id="skActing"
name="Acting"
compset="Skill"
isunique="yes"
description="You have an understanding and appreciation of theTheater.">
<fieldval field="trtAbbrev" value="Awa"/>
<tag group="DashTacCon" tag="NonCombat"/>

<link linkage="attribute" thing="attrAwa"/>
</thing>

Acting = skill("Acting")
trait = "Awareness"
description = "You have an understanding and appreciation of theTheater."
type = "High"
subtype = "Performance"
emphasis = ["Disguise", "Kabuki", "Mimicry", "Noh"]
Honor loss this skill is considered low skill if used to dihonestly portray yourself as someone other than who you are.
mastery[3] = mastery(3)
mastery[3].description = "You can now disguise as a member of another clan, profession, or social caste. Any of these option increase the TN by 5. You can disguise your voice to sound like another gender."
mastery[3].property = "may have 3 emphasis"
mastery[5] = mastery(5)
mastery[5].description = "You can now disguise as a person of anothergender."
mastery[5].property = "gain +2 to your insight, may have 5 emphasis"
mastery[7] = mastery(7)
mastery[7].description = "You can now disguise as a specific person."
mastery[7].property = "may have 6 emphasis"
mastery[10] = mastery(10)
mastery[10].description = "You can convincingly disguise as a non-human creature."
mastery[10].property = "gain +5 to your insight, there is no limit to emphasis"

This is a basic outline I have a lot of work to do in these still.
SAbel is offline   #11 Reply With Quote