Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2011, 10:32 AM
This morning, we contacted the individuals we selected to assist us in the first beta testing phase of Realm Works!

We expect to start beta testing before the end of January, and we'll continue to post updates on the forum and our web site.

Remember, we expect to run multiple phases of beta testing, increasing the number of participants in each phase. So, even if you weren't selected for the first phase, you'll still be considered for future phases.

You can still complete the survey if you haven't done so already.

You can find more information on Realm Works and access the survey here.
John is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old December 31st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Poo! Didn't make the first cut. But am stoked that the Mac version of Hero Lab is coming, based upon the notes in the new 3.9 update that was released yesterday!
TehBagder is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM
And now even more stoked that I joined the Beta for the Mac version today, installed, imported and I'm now up and running Hero Lab on my Mac!

Based on this, I've already set aside the money for Realm Works. And I'll be pimping both programs to everyone I can.
TehBagder is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 3rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Please be aware that the initial release of Realm Works will be Windows only. This product is highly complex and uses a completely different underlying technology from Hero Lab. After Realm Works is fully operational, we will be looking to support it on the Mac as well. However, that will entail a significant amount of work, so it will take additional time, and we won't be able to begin that process until after Realm Works is fully realized.

Mac support is definitely important to us, as evidenced by the imminent Mac versions of Hero Lab and Army Builder. But we are too small of a company to do parallel development of a major new product on both platforms. I just want to make sure that nobody leaps to incorrect conclusions regarding the timing of Mac support for Realm Works. It's definitely planned, but it will follow the Windows version.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 3rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
That's the beauty of a Mac running virtualization software, or Boot Camp: the best of both worlds! I was running Hero Lab in Windows 7 in Parallels until I switched the other day to the Mac Beta.
TehBagder is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Alright, that's cool then. I just wanted to make sure you're not expecting a native Mac version of Realm Works right away.

FYI, we've used Parallels on Mac Minis for years to run our demo computers at tradeshows. It works great!
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Heh. No worries. I'd be more than happy to get my hands on the Windows version. Of course, being a Windows user, then switching to the Mac version in the future when it becomes available means that I can easily compare the two versions. (hint, hint )
TehBagder is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
abbadonas

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
as a huge fan of the other products like army builder and hero lab (for which i want the D&D 3.0/3.5 to be expanded with all the different races in all the books that i have available to me, which if i knew how to build myself with the editor i would) i am very much looking forward to the next phase of beta testing since i am too late for the first phase, i hope to help make this program as good as i hope it to be when i pay for it, since i plan on using it for all the games i play in from now on.
abbadonas is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fubbles the Baby Cow

Old January 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Sorry I didn't make the cut for the first round. Thanks for considering my groups, and I will hope to hear from you when round 2 is ready to roll!
Fubbles the Baby Cow is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old January 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Me too. I'm fairly sure i submitted my info in time, but wasn't selected

Sad Panda
mirtos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote