Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

DavianGoliath

Old September 27th, 2021, 04:09 PM
It looks like real life got in the way, which I can totally relate to.

It looks like the Van Richten Ravenloft has not been released yet? I'm just asking as I have to make a Mist Hunter character for Origins this week and was hoping to use Hero Lab.

Thank you!
DavianGoliath is offline   #931 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 14th, 2021, 10:48 AM
So I've been away a little while...real life issues are a pain. But I picked back up my work on Ravenloft and have completed it. I've pushed the content into the main branch on our GitHub, and have made the request to our data host to push it for official release. So it should hopefully hit everyone's Hero Lab in the next week or two.

Release V3.3 - Ravnica and Ravenloft

You can find the full patch notes here, and they are normally copied into this thread when the update actually goes live.

To give a brief overview of what's coming:

Major Additions
  • Acquisitions, Incorporated - All monsters added
  • Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica - All monsters, items, and charms added, making the book complete.
  • Princes of the Apocalypse - All monsters, also completing this book.
  • Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft - Everything added.

Minor Additions
  • Find Steed/Find Greater Steed Enhancements - These now function more like Find Familiar. Learning the spell will set up a minion where you can see your steed.
  • Barding - Armor for your little (or big) buddies.
  • New Adjustments - You can now hide deities from the selection list to keep things cleaner. Also, you can add a double proficiency (AKA Expertise).
  • Hex Warrior - Enjoy automatic bonuses to your Pact Weapons, and look forward to the relevant weapons dynamically applying your Charisma bonus when it's higher than your STR/DEX.
  • Bug Fixes - As always, squashing bugs and mistakes. See those full patch notes for specifics.

The GitHub and the Wiki

Some pages to keep in mind (including some new ones):
  • Issues - Submit any bugs or enhancement suggestions
  • Projects - Stay up to date on the current status of forthcoming updates, see what's being worked on, and what's on radar for the future.
  • Known Issues - See what problems we already know exist.
  • Homebrew Requests - An overview of how we're currently treating homebrew requests, updates, etc. And a list of the homebrew that's been requested so far. If you're wondering why we don't put homebrew in right now, give it a read.

What's Next (Release v3.4)

Since I took some time off and we're in the late-year release season, I'm placing some of the older books on the back burner for the sake of keeping up with current releases. Here's what I'm going to focus on for the next release:
  • The Wild Beyond the Witchlight
  • Fizban's Treasury of Dragons
  • Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - These were five short adventures released to promote the new D&D-themed Magic: The Gathering set.

Two other things I want to look at: Dragon5e has submitted a number of issues detailing errors in AC calculations; so many that a larger investigation may be needed. The other item is SRD monsters. LWD provides these as part of the basic 5E package for Hero Lab, so we haven't touched them in the Community Pack. But a number of monsters have received errata changes and remain unchanged in HL. So I plan to work through many of these and replace them with updated, Community Pack versions. This will end up being invisible to you; whatever SRD monsters you already have in your portfolios will automatically switch to use the corrected versions when they are released. I make no promises that either of these things will happen with 3.4, but they're on the horizon.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #932 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old October 14th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Thank you so much Fenris447.
jbearwillis is offline   #933 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old October 14th, 2021, 04:34 PM
another smashing job, Fenris!
Enforcer84 is offline   #934 Reply With Quote
DavianGoliath

Old October 17th, 2021, 05:36 AM
Thank you, Fenris!
DavianGoliath is offline   #935 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 21st, 2021, 12:45 PM
So it might be a while before 3.3 is actually pushed out to everyone automatically. In the meantime, you can manually download it from the GitHub if you like.

1. Go to the main Github page.
2. Click on the big green "Code" button.
3. Click "Download ZIP".
4. Extract all the contents into your 5e data folder. The default installation path is C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e, but you may have placed it elsewhere. You will be asked to overwrite many files. If you want to be safe, you can copy your 5e folder elsewhere before extracting the new stuff. Hero Lab does this automatically to the "importbackup" folder when it's doing the installing, so you can use that folder or save it elsewhere.
5. Close and re-open Hero Lab.
6. Enjoy!

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #936 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 24th, 2021, 06:27 PM
I got word that the patch is out! Here's the full patch notes:

Update v3.3 - Ravnica and Ravenloft - Released 10-24-2021

NEW RELEASES
- Acquisitions, Incorporated - Added all monsters. Includes Orrery of the Wanderer.
- Curse of Strahd - Added all dark gifts in the Supernatural Gifts tab.
- Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica - Added all items, monsters and charms. Includes the monsters from the Krenko's Way adventure.
- Plane Shift: Dominaria - added Keldon variant for humans, a few languages, and Dominaria source to the Hawk-Headed Aven from Amonkhet.
- Player's Handbook - Added barding for each armor type in the gear tab.
- Princes of the Apocalypse - Added all monsters.
- Unearthed Arcana: 2020 Subclasses, Part 1 - The UA versions of these subclasses have been made available thanks to the great work of digitalshadowhawk.
- Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft - Added all dark gifts, deity, items, lineages, monsters, subclasses. Added backgrounds; use the "Background Option, Ravenloft" adjustment to apply the new General Background Features. The new bonds, flaws, etc. are available to any background when the Ravenloft source is selected. Added Survivors; add them through the encounter builder like normal monsters and use the Race tab to level them up and select talents. Much love to digitalshadowhawk for his work on the dark gifts.

ENHANCEMENTS & CHANGES
- All - Added new "Hide Deities" adjustment. Will hide your choice of either an entire category of deities or all deities not in a chosen category.
- EEPC - Added code that will remove "(EEPC)" from the name of each spell once that spell is selected for your hero or monster.
- GoS - Added the deity Procan
- IDRotF - Changed the Brain in a Jar (Rime)'s name to Brain in a Jar (Small) to reflect its presence in the Ravenloft book.
- LLK - Changed the Brain in a Jar's name to Brain in a Jar (Medium) to differentiate it from the Small version in IDRotF and VRGtR.
- PHB - Added a “Skill Proficiency, Double” adjustment. It works the way you’d expect, choosing a skill to gain double proficiency. You can choose from either skills you’re already proficient with or from any and all skills.
- PHB - Replaced SRD verison of Find Steed with new version that functions similarly to Find Familiar. Adds the steed as a companion, with an option to allow other creature choices. Use the "Find Steed" adjustment if you get this spell through something other than your class's spell list.
- TCOE - Changed all spells to have classes; this will add them to class spell lists when the TCOE source is selected. Previously you had to add the Class Feature Variant for Expanded Spell Lists for them to show up.
- TCOE - Made the Genie's Vessel a container, to reflect the fact that you can store things in it. Suggestion by Dragon5e.
- UA Gothic - Removed the "Tools" skill that was implemented here originally as a placeholder.
- UA - Sources added for 2020 Subclasses Parts 1-3 and 5. Be aware that the actual content for 2, 3, and 5 have not yet been added to the pack.
- XGTE - Improved Hex Warrior to automatically apply to Pact Weapons, and to dynamically apply Charisma bonus when higher than Str/Dex. Enhanced Find Greater Steed to function similarly to Find Familiar. Adds the steed as a companion, with an option to allow other creature choices. Use the "Find Greater Steed" adjustment if you get this spell through something other than your class's spell list.

BUGS
- CM - Serpent Scale armor now calculating AC correctly. Reported by BlackRose-XIII and fixed by Dragon5e.
- EEPC - Fixed this version of Tidal Wave to include it on the Sorcerer spell list.
- GGTR - Fixed gaseous form on Circle of Spores. Reported by Remandred.
- Homebrew - The Blood Hunter has been fixed to grant two curses at 2nd level. Keep in mind that this version of the class is not up to date, and won’t be updated in the near future.
- MTOF - Cleanup of incorrect and duplicate deities. This was originally listed in the notes for 3.2, but did not make the upload. Apologies.
- TCOE - Replaced Identify with Sleep on Cleric Twilight Domain spells. Reported by jaq1231.
- UA Sorcerer - Sea Sorcerer wasn't granting equal swim speed. Reported and fixed by Dragon5e.
- XGTE - Fixed Conquest Paladin's Scornful Rebuke to use CHA mod instead of half your Paladin level, as it was in UA. Reported by Remandred. Fixed Gloom Stalker Ranger's Dread Ambusher to play nicely with the Alert feat. Reported and fixed by BobStumpp.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Ongoing - Hero Lab has an issue with scripts requiring you to equip something. Instead of executing as soon as you equip something, they execute once you do something else in the portfolio, like adding an item, changing your HP, etc. Things function correctly, but take another "cycle" to process.

Fenris447 is offline   #937 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old October 25th, 2021, 07:52 AM
Thank you for all your hard work Fenris....
jbearwillis is offline   #938 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 25th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
Thank you for all your hard work Fenris....
Happy to do it! And I want to point out that we had contributions from more people than usual on this one; I tried to give credit where appropriate in the notes.

The next release is coming along nicely. I've got a ton of the Fizban's and Witchlight content done. By the time Fizban's actually releases, the only major things left to do will be Monsters and Items for those books, plus the monsters from Minsc & Boo's Journal of Villainy.

Also included in the next release will be the rest of Plane Shift: Dominaria, all the content from Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, and the two monsters from Return to the Glory.

Fenris447 is offline   #939 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old October 25th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Well then, A shout out of Thanks, goes out to all involved with this release... and on the next release, all I have to say is Awesome...
jbearwillis is offline   #940 Reply With Quote