Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DonTuel

Old June 4th, 2017, 09:10 PM
I created my own version of the werewolf that has a few changes to the standard.

To implement I created my own Procedure, copying the "LycanForm" and changing the damage reduction to cold iron instead of silver. It also uses the Dire Wolf instead of a normal wolf for the hybrid and animal form.

I sent it out for my players to use as a .hl file. A few of my players cannot get the file to load properly - it shows up in the manage third-party updates but does not appear in the configure hero - a few get the following error "Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected: Syntax error in script for Procedure 'ARLycnForm' on line 21 -> Tag 'Hero.BeastLycan' not defined" (I've also attached a copy of the message - I hope.)

Any assistance would help.
Attached Images
File Type: png image001.png (111.8 KB, 15 views)
DonTuel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 5th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Do your players own the relevant source pack that adds the Hero.BeastLycan?

Is the procedure included in the HL file that you created?
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 5th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Hero.BeastLycan is a tag that is defined in the core tags file. There's something else going wrong here. What's the code in this ARLycnForm procedure you've created, especially around line 21?
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DonTuel

Old June 5th, 2017, 09:24 PM
I took a look at one of the older posts that included an old copy of the LycanForm and LycanAttr procedures. That version of LycanForm did not have a reference to the Hero.BeastLycan tag, so I removed the reference and everything seems to be working now. After looking at all my other code I did not use the tag anywhere else, so it wasn't needed anyway.

Also, all my players have the Class Pack Entry Path version, while I have the Rulebook version. So, we frequently mismatch on source packs.

Thanks for the feedback though.
DonTuel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 6th, 2017, 11:13 AM
You might want to take a look at some of the Ravenloft Lycanthropes, many of them have alternate Damage Reductions. Also, you dont need to create entirely new lycanthropes. You could simply create an adjustment that would disable the Damage Reduction and Add in your own.

I agree with you though, Lycans all (mostly) having the same DR is boring. I like the really old versions of them from early D&D that had each Phenotype with its own DR.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote