Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sigil

Old March 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I have added a couple hundred items into Gear. The list is getting to long and I am going to be adding a couple of hundred more items of various types. I would like to seperater the gear into different categories like weapons, clothing, food, mounts, vehicles, hirelings, poisons, and trading goods. What is the best way to do seperate the gear into seperate categories.

Will this feature be added in the future?

/Scott
Sigil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 14th, 2007, 11:48 PM
At 09:24 PM 3/12/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I have added a couple hundred items into Gear. The list is getting to long and I am going to be adding a couple of hundred more items of various types. I would like to seperater the gear into different categories like weapons, clothing, food, mounts, vehicles, hirelings, poisons, and trading goods. What is the best way to do seperate the gear into seperate categories.

Will this feature be added in the future?
Separating gear into groups is not currently available. We have mapped everything out for incorporating the flexible sorting and filtering that is provided in our other products, but we haven't incorporated it yet. That's something that is working its way much closer to the top at this point. So I expect there to be a good solution for this in the not-too-distant future.

That being said, were you envisioning something different? Our current plan will allow you to sort the various lists by whatever criteria you deem appropriate. But maybe you had something else in mind?

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sigil

Old March 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I was thinking of something else but that is because I became used to using another program. I will have to try filtering to how well it works. I am thinking it may get slow when you have to filter a thousand items. From evidence so far I bet it will work just fine.

/Scott
Sigil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
At 06:18 PM 3/15/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I was thinking of something else but that is because I became used to using another program. I will have to try filtering to how well it works. I am thinking it may get slow when you have to filter a thousand items. From evidence so far I bet it will work just fine.
We'll be integrating the same filtering/sorting mechanism that is used in our Card Vault product. CV can filter tens of thousands of cards for a CCG on multiple criteria virtually instantaneously. So the performance will be quite good. :-)

This is one of the areas where the unique ids (discussed in a separate recent post from you) are of critical importance. If we used text strings, I'm sure the performance would be a crawl. However, the intelligent management of unique ids makes it all blazingly fast. :-)

If you want to get an idea of how the filtering/sorting will work, you can download our Card Vault product and take it for a test drive - just to play with that mechanism.

-Rob
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RedBeardSean

Old May 19th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
I have added a couple hundred items into Gear.
Is it possible to get the file for the gear you created/added? I realise this post is a few years old, but worth a shot.
RedBeardSean is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I've added a bunch of gear from the Arms and Equipment guide if you like.
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RedBeardSean

Old May 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'd love to take a look, at least, sure! (though I've always prefered Goods & Gear to Arms & Equipment)
RedBeardSean is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Go ahead and PM me with your e-mail so I can send you the files.

Aaaaand 500th post party! Woohooo!!!!
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Go ahead and PM me with your e-mail so I can send you the files.

Aaaaand 500th post party! Woohooo!!!!
Congratulations Lawful_g!!!!!!!
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old May 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Is there any progress in implementing this?

I'm in the same dilemma with ALOT of added gear and hoping to find a way to filter things like Clothing, Adventuring Gear, Food & Drink...that sort of thing.
McQ is offline   #10 Reply With Quote