Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Pali

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graylion View Post
(...)So what does everyone else use?
- MrGone's Sheets
- Storybook (Plot)
- graphviz (R-Map)

- TeamSpeak (Online Games)
- MapTool (Online Games)

(Freeware and Open Source)
Pali is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old September 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
For non-HeroLab splats, I make pretty heavy use of the Excel sheets provided by the Camarilla: http://sheets.camarilla.ca/index.php

They're not really all that pretty to look at, but they get the job done in terms of keeping track of characters.
Noctivagus is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 6th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctivagus View Post
That's something I would love to see. If Lone Wolf doesn't plan to support the WOD datasets anymore, is there a chance we could get an open WOD dataset so we can fill out the system on our own?
I think the problem is that Lone Wolf is limited by their licencing agreement with White Wolf. I think they only had the licence to release what they did and no more.

Unlike Pathfinder and Shadowrun which allows them to add all *Or most* of the additional books to Hero Labs.
Dragnmoon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
saydrekoth

Old September 17th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I agree that unfortunately this is more of a business decision then a gaming one. It is likely that they may have licensing limitations and are either waiting for approval or negotiating for the inclusion of other systems.

On the other hand, it is also likely that they may have the licensing but demand for games like Pathfinder may present a more immediate priority. While I echo the many voices that would love to see additional systems for WoD (as I am an avid fan), I also understand the business side of things and they are going where the money is. Had this technology been available 10-15 years ago back when WoD (as Masquerade, Ascension, etc) was in its heyday, I believe that all WoD games would have priority consideration as the games were much more popular then.

Time will tell if they will continue the updates to this VERY useful tool. I can't begin to tell you how this has made my life as a player (and as the occasional GM) much simpler.
saydrekoth is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saydrekoth View Post
I agree that unfortunately this is more of a business decision then a gaming one. It is likely that they may have licensing limitations and are either waiting for approval or negotiating for the inclusion of other systems.

On the other hand, it is also likely that they may have the licensing but demand for games like Pathfinder may present a more immediate priority. While I echo the many voices that would love to see additional systems for WoD (as I am an avid fan), I also understand the business side of things and they are going where the money is.
Here is what Rob had to say about the White Wolf Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
When we secured the license from White Wolf, they requested that we focus on Requiem and not Masquerade. So that is what we did. There are currently no plans to add official support for Masquerade, although the built-in Editor can be readily leveraged to add whatever additional content is desired - even if that content is adapted from Masquerade. If someone were to add that content, I'm sure White Wolf would have no problems with fans sharing their work with each other.
Dragnmoon is offline   #15 Reply With Quote