Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

jkthomsen9

Old October 16th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I want to lobby for the lifetime subscription tier be renamed the Grand Poohbah edition. And it should be mocha flavored.
actually laughed out loud. Well done sir!
jkthomsen9 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodice View Post
On that note, I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing something like a 'feature backer' system where once some of the main suggestions which arent in the immediate pipeline have been identified and assessed, you could give people the option of chipping in to help fund the development of the specific features they want. (I know its probably fraught with management risks, it was just a thought!)
Well this is a dangerous road to travel.

This is how a spreadsheet character sheet that dare not say its name works. And all it did was fuel a bidding war, between those who can afford features.

End of the day, we all bought RW, do we want to then have it fouled by a richer vs richer war for a feature one person wants? That said feature could stifle many features, even cost perspective buyers who do not fit into the 1% get what they want category.

At least now, features are given in terms I am fine with, profit vs community desire vs time to execute. Do we want to add, lots of free capital single person to the front of that?

I just bring it up, because unfortunately I am speaking from experience with said sheet, that dare not speak its name, and being in or close to that 1%. Not sure looking back it improved anything, and in the end I think it was a bad idea.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old October 16th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Are these updates really updates? Or maybe announcements of updates? Maybe just announcements? Or a spattering of announcements with accompanying updates? Are editions updates? Or frameworks upon which updates happen? I think I understand what features and enhancements are but I am not even going to guess want to think about what we expect as that's a whole different box of pandoras.

Stay tuned. These mysteries and much, much more will soon be revealed.

I read that as the announcer from Batman!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 16th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiou View Post
i want to lobby for the lifetime subscription tier be renamed the grand poohbah edition. And it should be mocha flavored.
+1000! :d
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 17th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 09:51 AM.
Pollution is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Nyarlathotep

Old October 17th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I might have missed it in page 1 or 2 but when the big update happens, will there be core rules content available for purchase (specifically Pathfinder)? I've been playing off and on with the mechanics section trying various approaches, but if we're this close to Content Market release and the core rules will potentially be available to purchase I'd rather not sink a lot of time into entering them myself.
Nyarlathotep is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 17th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
I might have missed it in page 1 or 2 but when the big update happens, will there be core rules content available for purchase (specifically Pathfinder)? I've been playing off and on with the mechanics section trying various approaches, but if we're this close to Content Market release and the core rules will potentially be available to purchase I'd rather not sink a lot of time into entering them myself.
+1 to this....
Dhrakken is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Out of curiosity, will you be sending Beta Access to those contractors who have worked with 3PP's to get modules loaded into Realm Works?

I have done more than a few realms for AAW (as seen in my Sig) and I KNOW there's more I need to do to make sure everything is done and good to go for launch of the Market Place.
As we indicated in the announcement, we're now taking a drastically different approach than we had originally planned. This change in course was not even conceived until after GenCon, and we only nailed down the final details of various aspects last week. So everything that we'd originally intended (and discussed with anyone) has been invalidated.

We're still working out some remaining aspects of how things will work for 3PPs that want to publish their material for RW. We've got the overall process mapped out, but there are details left. The good news is that it will become significantly easier for 3PPs to publish material with the new approach, plus the originally expected delays will largely disappear. The main thing we're sorting out at this point is enabling 3PPs to have us publish their content so that all the extra security we'll be incorporating can be leveraged.

Bottom line: you'll need to be patient for a little bit longer while we nail down the rest of the details regarding 3PPs and content publishing with this entirely new model we're adopting.
rob is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
Not immediately. The first wave of content will be assorted adventures. The second wave will also likely be adventures. We're unclear on how many users actually want the content within Realm Works at this point, so we're starting with content that users can readily drop into their existing campaigns. We're also thinking that books like the various Pathfinder Bestiaries will be of high interest, since those monsters can be dropped into any campaign, so those are high on the list. To be frank, the assumption is that anyone who wants the rules will probably want ALL the rules instead of just a few of the books, and we're not sure how many users will drop the coin for lots of books at once, so we're a little tentative about focusing on all the rules out of the gate.

I guess I should start a poll to get an informal idea of what people will most want to see. It won't impact the first wave or two, but it could definitely influence how we prioritize content beyond that.
rob is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 17th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Do you have anyone preparing the 5e SRD? I imagine that would be a great start.

I'm sure between us, someone already has that content entered also which im sure you have the ability to leverage.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #40 Reply With Quote