Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old April 28th, 2016, 12:54 PM
While GMing I have repeatedly come up against the Player View insisting that I have to reveal both the topic and the picture/map snippet before I can actually share the image on the screen.

This slows the game down a lot, and also sometimes I don't want to have the picture/map actually revealed long-term for them to see after they've synced in Player Edition.

--

I would like to be able to reveal an image (e.g. portrait) or map (with only portions of the map exposed) in Player View without having to tick the revealed button on anything.
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 28th, 2016, 09:48 PM
+1 to this, but I expect it may be very hard to decouple the show-in-player-view feature from the reveal features. A compromise would be to have the "show in player view" automatically reveal the topic title and the image. That may be an easier thing to code.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 29th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Auto-reveal wouldn't be too helpful long term, because I would have to remember to turn them off before syncing to the server if I didn't want the actual topic known to players until later.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old April 29th, 2016, 05:13 AM
Although your wish is valid to me this sounds rather strange request. If something is shown to the players through player view I want them to be able to find it later. So what I show in player view is something I will reveal.

Images: If I want to show them a picture of 'that guy in the dark alley' I can use the manage names ability so its true identity is not revealed. Or I can make a topic called 'that guy in the dark alley' with only a picture and a GM only link to the real topic.

Smart images: I thought the fog of war was the way to be able to show only the revealed part of a smart map. So why not show them that.

As to the problem of ticking all the reveal I agree that it takes time and I always forget it and am at the image and need to go back o the topic to reveal it and the image itself.
So an ability to reveal them at the level of the map or image without going back would be nice.
Cornelius is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 29th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Smart images: I thought the fog of war was the way to be able to show only the revealed part of a smart map. So why not show them that.
I do use the fog of war on the map, but getting the map into the player view in the first place is the awkward part.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote