Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

kthomasms

Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:31 PM
It would be awesome to be able to set a list of players and then have a player view for each named player. This way we can manage what is revealed to whom. This is imperative in mystery style campaign settings, or when his party gets split up. IDK if this is part of the ideas going into player view.
kthomasms is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 25th, 2014, 07:41 AM
+1 to this... but as it looks, unlikely as the reveals are to all or none aren't they?
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old July 25th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I do believe this is in the plans. Not likely soon, but it's on the list.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48724
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49165
MaxSupernova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old July 25th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Granular reveal was discussed and said to be in the plans during the Kickstarter but as I recall it was also noted that it was not a high priority item and still in the planning stages.

The discussion at that time also mentioned PC-reveal vs player-reveal. PC-reveal is the best option to separate knowledge for people that play several games/characters. Player-reveal is more likely I think as it is driven by account logins.

I had requested a GM-reveal to remind them of things players have seen/experienced/know but that they don't have realize that they really KNOW yet. A mid-point between revealed and unrevealed if you will. Like seeing a hitman on the street and then seeing him again on the news and putting two and two together. This could easily be accommodated wtih a player/PC-reveal and just adding another player/PC to the gaming group that the GM uses.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old July 26th, 2014, 09:52 PM
The database supports individual players, from what i understand, so thats the good thing. they "just" have to code the front end to handle it.

I put "just" in quotes, because things like that are never simple. But from what i remember from all the kickstarter discussions, it was always part of the plan, it will just take time.
mirtos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kthomasms

Old July 28th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I am running a mystery game, where each player has very personal motivations and information. So the current reveal model is just not enough for my gameplay as many of the PC's know information no one else does.
kthomasms is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old August 2nd, 2014, 06:49 PM
Question to the beta testers/staff. Could the current model of player version do this with DM notes to specific players?
jkthomsen9 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
Question to the beta testers/staff. Could the current model of player version do this with DM notes to specific players?
Unfortunately, no. There is currently nothing that is private to DM and player except message threads. And those have no connections to content in any way, so they would be useful in very limited circumstances but not in a general manner like you're seeking here.

In addition, Player View in general is intended for use "at the table". As such, there is nothing planned for only showing something to PlayerA via Player View. If something is revealed only to PlayerA, and PlayerA is using the Player Edition, he will see that privately revealed item once we implement individual player reveal. However, the Player View mechanism itself is not currently envisioned to work that way - since the assumption is that everyone at the table will be seeing the same thing.

If there's enough demand, we can always change things. But I'm having difficulty envisioning how Player View would make sense with showing individually revealed content to different players, so someone will need to enlighten me on what I may be missing here.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old October 19th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Will the Player Edition be usable live online , e.g. while playing via VoiP? In that case individually usable Player Views could come in very handy.
Greebo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 19th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
Will the Player Edition be usable live online , e.g. while playing via VoiP? In that case individually usable Player Views could come in very handy.
The player edition information only gets updated after the GM syncs his changes to the server, and then the players sync their contents down to their own machines.

RW is not a VTT, so it is not designed to update the server on-the-fly.
Farling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote