Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jamz

Old February 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hey, so I just saw this under Develop menu option!

I couldn't find any info on it, so, we are getting a "tablet" interface soon? (please say it's so!)

Now that we have a Surface Pro, it's pretty sweet to run HL at the table! So making it a little more "touch" friendly would just be awesome.

I assume it's mostly a "skinning" thing or no? Also, if you need "testers" let me know.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kerflop

Old February 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I know there is an iPad version coming soon. I haven't seen any info or Windows or Android...

LWD July 2012 Newsletter
Kerflop is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old October 26th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Okay, any word on this? I have an Inspiron Duo with Hero Labs installed. If I could switch to a tablet/iPad sheet on the fly from my portfolio, I would die a happy, happy gamer.

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 28th, 2013, 01:04 AM
I would not even mind if the HL GUI for iPad iOS is a purchasable add-on for Windows/Mac for Hero Lab.

It would be very cool to have that gui for HL, it just seems so much user friendly to say the least when viewing a character or even a creature. Having that ability would be cool!!
Making it a pay for use add-on is something I would not mind either.
Nikmal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
The "change interface role" menu helps us when debugging - it lets us load the iPad user interface in the main version of Hero Lab to see how things look. Unfortunately that interface looks very barren in the main version of Hero Lab and isn't fully supported, so it's not something we can offer as an option in the desktop version yet.

I've put this on our to-do list, but there are a number of issues we'd need to tackle before making it available. We'll make sure to announce any updates about this in our monthly newsletter, so stay tuned for any information!
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CSDeeds

Old October 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
The "change interface role" menu helps us when debugging - it lets us load the iPad user interface in the main version of Hero Lab to see how things look. Unfortunately that interface looks very barren in the main version of Hero Lab and isn't fully supported, so it's not something we can offer as an option in the desktop version yet.

I've put this on our to-do list, but there are a number of issues we'd need to tackle before making it available. We'll make sure to announce any updates about this in our monthly newsletter, so stay tuned for any information!
I would definitely love to be able to have the iPad interface in a full version of windows. It would be ideal on the new Windows tablets. At present the ONLY reason I have an iPad instead of another tablet brand is the convenient interface to dealing with characters. I would pay another $10 to be able to do this!
CSDeeds is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Knightblde

Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
I don't even need an interface. Just make it so that when I click on the +X it rolls appropriate dice and tells me the total. I would LOVE it.
Knightblde is offline   #7 Reply With Quote